International Organization for Migration
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office (Manila)
Classification : General Service, Grade G-5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Cotabato, with administrative supervision of the Head of Satellite office in Zamboanga, and with technical supervision from the Sr. Procurement and Logistics Assistant in Cotabato, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for providing a wide range of procurement and logistics services and general support to the project staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Sourcing Tasks:
a. Identify local service providers and create related vendor account in the system
b. Ensure local administrative and finance procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the IOM regulations, specific to voucher systems.
c. Monitor market trends and maintain a database for unit price on commonly procured goods such as livelihood assistance packages, medical equipment and supplies with corresponding applicable material code and regularly share with Operations team for their reference in creating purchase requests.
d. Maintain and update the vendor’s database including completion of the vendor’s evaluation forms for all vendors contracted by IOM Mindanao Office
2. Procurement Tasks:
a. Prepare procurement plan in close consultation with Procurement Team in Cotabato and Manila and collaboration with Operations team.
b. Prepare Request for Quotation, and Bids Analysis Summaries. Solicit and receive quotations, bids, or proposals, perform evaluations, and negotiate conditions of contracts in full compliance with IOM rules and regulations.
c. Act as a Procurement Purchase Processor in PRISM. Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and amendments as required, provide justification, and ensure related supporting documents are uploaded into E-filing database.
d. Ensure ing timely process of requests and delivery of materials/goods and services as required by the project activities in collaboration with Operations team.
e. Follow up on PO status and keep abreast of availability of goods or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined conditions.
f. Monitor the status of delivery to agreed destination including quality check along with the relevant technical team during handover.
g. Assist and l Liaise with customs authorities for goods importation as required by the project deliverables.
h. Prepare procurement monitoring report on assigned Purchase Requests and Purchase Orders and communicate with requestors the status of their requests.
i. Assist on u Update ing of IOM asset inventory reports through physical verification and asset tagging with applicable AMR.
j. Support the project team in coordination with the project management team including providing context-based recommendations for cost-efficient and effective delivery of services.
k. Support on monitoring project services and deliveries are carried out in a timely and efficient manner including providing guidance to local partners involved in the field implementation.
3. Finance and Related Tasks:
a. Prepare Request for payment/OIPA on received goods and services and ensure authorization by the relevant approvers and designated signatories and related supporting documents are uploaded into E-filing database.
b. Ensure appropriate funds are available and transferred into vendor vouchers;
c. Ensure regular voucher inventory and retrieval from vendors, for records and payment purposes;
d. Liaise with the Admin and Finance Asst and National Resource Management Officer regarding bank transfer payments to vendors.
4. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or relevant field from accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School Certificate in above field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant experience.
- Certified training on supply chain management, an advantage.
- Experience preferably in supply chain management of which one year in IOM or any UN system or any international organization will be an advantage.
- Experience in procurement in international and or government process.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of other applications such as Power Point and Visio an advantage.
- Fluency in Filipino and English is required (oral and written).
- Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via hrphilippines(at)iom.int not later than 19 February 2024. Position title and VN Number (VN 2024 004 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.