Portfolio Lead – Income Security
Home-based; Work from the office can be chosen if applicable and desired.
Director of Global Impact
International travel 2-3 times a year
DRS is looking, on behalf of our client, an INGO, for a Portfolio Lead – Income Security who will build a diverse portfolio of age-inclusive initiatives and partnerships to promote income security for older people. The position will advocate nationally and globally to establish our client as the preferred partner for age-inclusive action in the public, private, and INGO sectors. Leading the team, they will strengthen capacity and interventions across our client’s network and partners to address the needs of older people.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The successful applicant, with their colleagues, will develop their teamwork plan to drive initiatives, develop ideas, and ensure space for cross-organizational working and short-term tasks. From this, they will devise their individual work plan that will form the basis of their day-to-day activities and performance reviews.
- Develop and deliver an Income Security strategy in line with our client’s strategy.
- Build and shape a portfolio of diverse age-inclusive commercial and non-commercial initiatives and partnerships that can bring together multiple stakeholders to create and/or promote income security initiatives that increase older people’s independence and sense of purpose.
- Build our client’s reputation as the partner and collaborator of choice within the public, private, and INGO sectors for age-inclusive action.
- Engage with external stakeholders and advocate national and global policies to promote older people’s income security.
- Lead the work of the team to strengthen capacity and interventions across our client’s network and partners to prepare and respond to the needs of older men and women.
- Ensure that the team delivers Partner-led programmes with prompt quality support and assistance.
- Effectively manage the income security team and ongoing projects and develop new initiatives.
- Work collaboratively, building mutual trust and respect, with external organizations and partners to achieve our strategic aims and objectives; be accountable for your work.
- Adapt to new directions or opportunities within the organization and in your work area; be flexible in your role, constantly using feedback to learn more and evolve further.
- Lead behavioral and cultural change by embracing a supportive, collaborative, and highly inclusive environment where everybody feels supported, respected, and engaged.
- Extend our client’s reach and impact by creating and identifying new business development opportunities and building relationships with new partners.
- Lead and promote a culture of including the voices of older people across our support, convening, and thought leadership roles in a way that is transformative, empowering, and highly inclusive of those marginalized by gender, economic status, disability, and other factors of discrimination.
- Degree or equivalent in experience in public policy, social protection, employment creation, financial service programming, or policy-making in development/humanitarian contexts or equivalent experience in commercial settings.
- Experience in policy development, dissemination, and advocacy.
- Previous experience in managing a globally dispersed team.
- Experience in one of our client’s regions of operation – LAC, Africa, Eurasian & Middle East, or Asia Pacific.
- Ability to conduct and deliver thorough analysis, research, report writing, and dissemination of information to a broad range of audiences.
- Demonstrable skills and/or experience in working with or influencing decision-makers, national governments or international institutions (e.g., UN agencies like ILO, FAO, and donors like DFID/FCDO, BMZ, USAID, EU).
- Demonstrable skills and/or experience in public presentation and speaking.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and dependably with colleagues in a way that encourages experimentation, learning, and agency.
- Substantial knowledge of and/or experience in all aspects of Programme Cycle Management.
How to apply
The updated CVs in English should be submitted to [email protected] under the title: DRS 11543 Portfolio Lead – Income Security. Due to the high number of applications received via the website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified according to the client’s procedures during the recruitment process.