SCIDaR is recruiting experienced Consultants to respond to the increased cases of cVDPV2 outbreaks in several African countries. The Consultants will provide short-term technical support to countries responding to outbreaks of cVDPV and also support the planning, coordination and monitoring of the campaigns as well as strengthen the project management capacity of national teams through on-the-job capacity strengthening.
The consultant will provide direct support for, and also strengthen the capacity of national teams in the following areas:
- Planning and coordination of the polio outbreak response
- Support the country team and GPEI partners, and other stakeholders to track preparedness for campaigns using the campaign preparedness checklist and pre-campaign dashboard
- Engage with government stakeholders at the subnational levels to prepare micro plans and budgets, and review these for completeness, coherence, and accuracy
- Analyse campaign data and document project activities and present findings to all stakeholders
- Prepare technical documents, briefing notes, slides, and other materials for engagement with stakeholders
- Develop weekly and post-campaign reports that are detailed and useful for future campaign planning
Education, experience, and language requirements
- Relevant graduate-level or Master’s degree in International Development, Applied Sciences and Technology, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Management or similar relevant field
- At least 2 years’ country experience with supporting polio outbreak response planning and implementation
- Candidates must be bilingual. Read/Write/Speak at the advanced level in English and Somali/French/Arabic
How to apply
Send an updated CV to [email protected] with the subject of your mail as “Application for Polio OBR Consultant” on or before June 24, 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.