We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Responsible for account management of assigned accounts(Brantford area), including, price negotiation, sourcing special product, relationship building and qualifying new business. Aggressively pursues new leads to develop new accounts to promote RONA inc. as the supplier of choice.
- Develops and maintains sales for assigned accounts.
- Establishes a schedule for maintaining contact with established accounts, developing strong relationships with existing business.
- Provides a service to customer base including price and delivery quotation, sourcing new or unusual products, and completing material estimates as needed.
- Negotiates with customer to secure order.
- Creates orders and coordinates delivery to customer through expediting team, RONA Direct or with delivery department
- Reviews material requirements with customer, including qualifying blueprint and material take-offs.
- Prepare quantity estimate and sales quotes. Prepares quotes securing approval for specially priced orders.
- Sources special or non-stock items from vendors including price negotiation and delivery times and ensures special order purchaser has information to place order.
- Arranges for pick up from supplier as needed. Identifies new customers in the territory and establishes contact to gain understanding of business needs.
- Proceeds to present RONA inc. as a potential vendor and works to secure first order.
- Reviews monthly accounts receivable aging report with Credit Administrator. Works with credit department to follow up on overdue accounts. Arranges to pick up cheques or establishes special payment terms with customer as approved by Credit Administrator.
- Meets regularly with Director to reviews sales performance of assigned accounts and determine growth and development opportunities. Reviews and makes recommendations to Director to delete or add assigned accounts as needed.
- Attends regular sales meetings and stays current of industry and market trends.
- Visits job sites regularly to establish relationships with customer, stay current with ongoing projects and take proactive action on utilization of materials compared with quantity estimated and shipped.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
The Qualifications We Are Looking For
- Ability to assess opportunities and adopt sales strategies to correspond with general market place and competitive pressures.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skill and strong interpersonal skills to deal with customer base and co-workers.
- Decisiveness and persuasiveness when negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Tact, good judgment and a strong customer service orientation.
- General knowledge of building materials and construction techniques.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail when preparing quotations and orders.
- Flexibility to manage and ensure timely completion of multiple tasks.
- Commitment to work schedules beyond the norm.
- Exposure to risk and danger when driving and visiting job sites.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes, loud noise and dirt when visiting job sites.
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit lowes.hiringplatform.ca.