International Planned Parenthood Federation
Americas and the Caribbean Regional Office
Port of Spain – Trinidad
This position will support the smooth running of the area of Operations in ACRO, handling daily finance, administrative, human resources, safeguarding and logistical tasks.
You have a bachelor qualification in business, accounting or economy, or equivalent working experience. You have at least 3 years’ experience in similar positions, especially in matrix organizations. You demonstrate the ability to work in complex environments and you are able to prioritise among multiple responsibilities. Understanding of political, cultural, and socio-economic dynamics across the Americas and the Caribbean and knowledge of its significance in the international context is highly desirable. Outstanding command of English and working knowledge of Spanish is essential. French or Portuguese are desirable.
• To process Operations purchase and payment requests as other relevant operations in NetSuite.
• To maintain worksheet of new hires, internal transfers, modification to the overall budget.
• To prepare the administrative documents to transfer the funding to the MAs, including grant certificates, funding agreements and amendments when needed.
• To assist Finance Controller and Head of Operations to develop annual budget projections and to do monthly/quarterly spending forecasts.
• To process requisitions for supplies and equipment following under finance budget.
• To assist Finance Controller for internal or external audits.
• To maintain the system for travel ACRO staff, ensuring that all trips are approved, travel advances issued, and expenses submitted efficiently upon completion of trips.
• To verify all the bills sent by hotels, travel agents, vendors, consultants, MAs after completion of visits, meetings, services, workshops, events, etc., and doing further processing of accounts.
• To manage inter-office account for ACRO.
• To adhere to the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
• To prepare the per-diems for the participants in meetings organised by ACRO and ensure that enough petty cash is available.
Human Resources (HR) and Safeguarding
• To coordinate the day-to-day administration of the personnel function within ACRO.
• To maintain ACRO organisational records on staff leave, providing regular updates to staff and management.
• To be responsible for record maintenance and contributing to payroll processing.
• To maintain and updating staff files, hard and soft copies.
• To support staff recruitment and selection of procedures including advertising positions internally and externally, through appropriate media as agreed with the HR Adviser, inviting selected candidates for interview, and ensuring logistical arrangements for interviews and follow up after interviews as necessary.
• To coordinating staff induction and training activities in liaison with the HR Adviser and ACRO managers and directors.
• To issue work certificates and other routine documents for ACRO staff upon request and in accordance with ACRO procedures.
• To maintain and update HR’s filing system, mailing and forms retrieving documents as requested by the Senior HR Advisor.
• To be fully cognizant of IPPF ACRO HR policies, procedures, and forms.
• To support safeguarding as required by the HR, Admin and Safeguarding Adviser.
Administration and Logistics
• To manage the office reception.
• To ensure the maintenance of an updated and accurate database of all contacts, including the global address list, as per protocols, and ensure prompt response to internal and external requests for addresses and telephone numbers.
• To provide guidance for all couriers and for printing, labelling and dispatch of official greetings, invitations, etc.
• To organize quotations and bookings of hotels and airfares, and assisting in preparing budgets for visits, meetings, workshops, and events.
• To assist in preparing travel requisitions in electronic Information Management System (eIMS).
• To be responsible for ensuring timely travel and logistical arrangements relating to visits, meetings, workshops, and events including hiring vehicles for official local travel for staff and official visitors. These include coordinating for requisite approvals, arranging for flights/ trains, visas, airport transfers, local conveyance, hotel bookings, conference rooms, refreshments, etc.
• To ensure preparation for conferences and meetings.
• To coordinate with relevant internal and external stakeholders, effective execution of visits, meetings, workshops, and events, as required.
• To be the focal point for the travel agents/ vendors of IPPF ACRO and to monitor the level of service provided by them.
• To be responsible for preparation of regular (monthly/quarterly/annual) management reports, related to Administration and Logistics.
• To ensure that services have the required number of quotations as stated in the ACRO Standard Operation Procedures.
• To prepare and process consultant contracts based on the standard IPPF templates and procedures.
• To maintain hard and electronic filing systems for the Operations team.
• To handle correspondence, logistical and travel requirements of the operations team.
How to apply
CVs will not be accepted. Please download full TORs and an application form at our website www.ippfamr.org (https://acr.ippf.org/about-us/jobs-and-opportunities/job/operations-assistant) . Application form available in Large Print, Audio or Braille. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Applications are particularly welcome from candidates openly living with HIV/AIDS. IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment.
An appropriate pre-employment police/DBS check will be undertaken for the successful candidate as part of IPPFs safer recruitment process and commitment to safeguarding.