Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 6 Months
Starting date : 27/03/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affected by the conflict in the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Multisectoral Project Manager – Kharkiv ?
As Multisectoral Project Manager, under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of all project activities, and you will manage PUI’s human and financial resources dedicated to project activities.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Programmes: He/she will ensure the qualitative implementation and monitoring of the programme(s) in compliance with the PUI policy and intervention framework and the agreement signed with the donor.
Human Resources : You will supervise the team (PUI employees and possible daily workers.
Reporting to donors : you will write and coordinate the writing of the final reports coming up on the base.
Logistics and administration : you will ensure that the logistics and administrative procedures of the activities under his/her responsibility are respected.
Representation : you will represent the association with partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of programmes.
Security : You will contribute to the respect of security rules on the base and you will transmit all security information to his/her line manager.
Strategy : You will contribute to the development of new interventions based on identified needs.
The challenges that await you :
Manage the teams and the activities deployed in the area. Participate actively in the strategic design of PUI response. Ensure a smooth collaboration with the support teams. Participate actively in the humanitarian coordination mechanisms. Ensure the good monitoring of the project’s indicators.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in health, social sciences and/or project management.
- Experience: Strengthened by a minimum of 1 year of experience in the humanitarian sector, you also have strong general project management knowledge. An experience in monitoring and evaluation will be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate strong organizational, writing and communications skills. You have a high level of knowledge of international institutional donor procedures. Your master Office Programs and Outlook. Knowledge of Gantt Project and databases management (like Access) will be appreciated.
- Qualities: You demonstrate an ability to work independently, to take initiatives and responsibilities in a proactive approach. You have a sense of diplomacy and negotiation, good resilience to stress and a real ability to prioritise. You demonstrate good organization, rigor and a strict respect of deadlines. You have the ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its characteristics.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a dynamic and lovely team, to work on an exciting challenge in setting up a new base ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.