Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager position on a USAID-funded anticipated Feed the Future Flagship Agriculture Activity program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). This position will be based in Kinshasa. The position is contingent upon the activity’s award and USAID approval.
Position Description: This anticipated activity will focus on the development of resilient agriculture and food market systems that support the accessibility and consumption of safe and nutritious food in the DRC Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI). The likely ZOI is expected to be Kasai Central and Kongo Central in Western and Central DRC. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will work under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), and in close collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). The MEL Manager will provide strategic guidance, vision, and management for the successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity and will promote evidence-driven decision making based on Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) principles. This position will ensure the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) is implemented as approved by USAID; and that each data point reported to USAID is supported with valid data in our project office. The MEL Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful Data Quality Assessment(s), baseline, spot, and outcome surveys, and will participate actively in mid-line, end-line evaluations, and other audits as solicited by the donor. The MEL manager will be responsible for developing an effective, timely and compliant monitoring and evaluation system, and for quarterly and annual data reporting, data integrity, archiving of GIS and other data sets, and facilitation of pause and reflect and other learning exercises.
* Develop a streamlined, simple monitoring and evaluation system including data collection and reporting tools and disseminate this system effectively to project staff and relevant partners.
* Work closely with the COP, DCOP, and the entire technical team to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL/CLA activities into the project workplan and annual reports.
* Actively collaborate with donors, other USAID implementing partners, and local counterparts on MEL related issues.
* Provide technical direction and support for gender disaggregated data collection and analysis and initial interpretation of results.
* Ensure the effective and intentional capture of learning and results throughout contract implementation.
* As required, participate in client-directed data quality assessments (DQA) and preparation of reports.
* Verify program results with supporting documentation, photographs, and success stories.
* Assist in providing concise, summarized reporting against indicators for quarterly and annual progress reports and enter data into USAID data management and reporting systems.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in agricultural economics, evaluation research, international development, statistics, or another relevant field.
* Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory role related to designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL and CLA activities, preferably for complex USAID or other donor funded projects.
* Demonstrated technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, as well as experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, visualization, and reporting.
* Experience with Power BI, Stata, SPSS, Kobo, Excel and the suite of Microsoft products for data capture, synthesis, and analysis.
* Extensive knowledge of USAID reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for MEL including impact evaluation.
* Demonstrated and credible experience supporting complex multimillion dollar activities funded by USAID or other donor funded development activities.
* Master’s degree highly desirable.
* Demonstrated experience working in rural provinces in Western and Central DRC is highly desired.
* Professional proficiency in both spoken and written English and French.
* Congolese nationals and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide helpful and reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Deadline: 11 Mar 2024