Fixed term | 6 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
As of February 24th 2022, ACTED deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Our teams mobilized quickly to carry out needs assessments along the border and in reception centers, in close coordination with the Moldovan authorities.
ACTED’s first actions concerned the deployment of buses in Palanca and Tudora, in addition to buses provided by the Moldovan and Romanian authorities, in order to transport refugees from crossing points to reception centers or to Romania, in agreement with the authorities of both countries.
Today, ACTED has diversified its fields of action in the country and implements or participates, with its partners, in the following operations:
- Support to the government for the site management of over 100 refugee accommodation and reception centers
- Reception and distribution of donations of basic necessities to refugees for NFIs and hot meals (around 20,000 hot meals were distributed from February to April) and multi purpose cash assistance for refugees and Moldovan families hosting refugees
- Installation of sanitation facilities at border points and provision of free transportation services to Romania and within Moldova for newly arrived refugees
- Distribution of SIM cards and power banks to facilitate access to information for refugees and provision of Wi-Fi-connectivity at transit and accommodation centers
You will be in charge of
1. Monitoring and Evaluation
1.1 Implementation and Management of M&E Systems
– Contribute to the development and updating of the M&E country strategy, consolidation of the M&E work plan and M&E framework for all ongoing projects;
– Ensure that M&E observations/conclusions are taken into account and recommendations are incorporated into future concept notes, project proposals, and implementation plans;
– Implement M&E policies and procedures as outlined in ACTED’s standard M&E technical guides and ensure that tools are used as recommended;
– Contribute to the effective deployment of M&E collection and reporting systems for all staff and partners through trainings, site visits, manuals, and as many technical supports as needed.
1.2 Technical Systems Development
– Develop terms of reference and mission plans and conduct surveys, monitoring and evaluations;
– Develop analytical tools, methodology and data/information dissemination/use plans;
– Closely supervise data collection and ensure that data collection teams are organized and documented as necessary;
– Ensure that data collected is securely stored in databases;
– Measure and report qualitative and quantitative data on processes, outcomes, deliverables, impact, target and performance indicators for all projects;
– Provide data to Project Development teams for use in reporting;
– Contribute to donor project proposals and funding efforts.
– Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities to Project Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Project Development Managers and Officers;
– Contribute to organizing and facilitating training sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned.
3. Contribute to the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
– Contribute to the implementation of the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) in line with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures;
– Oversee proper management of the central CRM database;
– Work on the understanding and ability of ACTED teams, partners and contractors to rely on beneficiary accountability and CRM procedures.
– Participate in conferences and workshops related to M&E when possible and keep up to date on best practices and new knowledge in the M&E sector;
– Perform any other related activity as assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics)
At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations
Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged
Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities
Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure
Excellent communication and drafting skills in English
Knowledge of the region an asset
Familiarity with basic office software programs
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to [email protected] Ref: MEALO/MOL
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.