Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population. In order to support the populations affected by the conflict currently affecting the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the MHPSS Coordinator ?
As Mental Health & Psychosocial Coordinator (MHPSS Co), you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational MHPSS strategy as well as for the quality of current and future MHPSS programmes throughout the design, implementation monitoring and evaluation phases. You will build the capacity of the mission’s MHPSS department and provides technical support to the project teams and in particular to the MHPSS Project Managers in a functional relationship. You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the MHPSS sector.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in MHPSS and contribute to the design of new relevant MHPSS interventions on the mission based on the identified MHPSS needs in the country, and in line with PUI MHPSS intervention framework. In coordination with the MHPSS team, you will monitor MHPSS activities in the country and analyse their strengths and weaknesses.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the MHPSS Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s MHPSS programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the MHPSS sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in relevant Clusters (Health, Protection) or MHPSS sector coordination group meetings. You will contribute to the good information sharing within the MHPSS sector.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the MHPSS teams. You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in MHPSS. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ MHPSS Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within MHPSS department. You will supervise the content of MHPSS training and the quality of MHPSS activities (including clinical supervisions) on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keeps the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security to your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager.
The challenges that await you:
- You will define the MHPSS strategy and monitor the roll-out related activities in order to propose an efficient and quality emergency response to the Ukrainian crisis.
- You will coordinate identification of needs and formulation of project proposals in constant adaptation to a very volatile context
- You will conduct the opening of the MHPSS component of the project in an integrated team between MHPSS, Health and protection; support throughout the implementation and carry out reporting on programmes/projects
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Clinical Psychology. A technical background in project management, and/or in Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy will be appreciated.
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience implementing MHPSS programs, 2 years of clinical practice in mental health or psychosocial care, and a previous working experience abroad with NGO, you master management of MHPSS related projects. A clinical experience with migrants/displaced people, victims of confilcts, survivors of S/GBV and survivors of torture would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You have good written communication skills, you master the program management and have a knowledge of procedures of institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.).
- Qualities : You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have good analytical, organisational and management skills. You demonstrate diplomacy, open-mindedness and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Russian, Ukrainian and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« A new position to be embodied in a dynamic context of a significant increase in the emergency response of PUI in Ukraine. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in private accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.