Acción contra el Hambre España
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
The expert will be responsible for developing MHPSS strategy in response to the emergency, toolboxes to be implemented at field level and to lead MHPSS response, including training and implementation of PSA. Other responsibilities include the design of activities, RNA, programming, and sectorial stakeholder relations. Reporting to the Deputy Head of Emergency Pool, to the Head of Emergency Pool, and Deputy Country Director.
Key activities in your role will include
- Contextualize and adapt global guidelines, tools, and protocols to meet locally identified needs for MHPSS program implementation and training.
- Ensure safe, quality and timely assessment of individuals and family protection needs in the emergency, and provide recommendations for program interventions in line with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS), to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the planning, coordination and supervision of mental health and psycho-social related services to provide appropriate mental health support to beneficiaries, mainstreaming protection in all the interventions.
- Ensure integrated MHPSS initiatives support and demonstrate best practice in safeguarding, inclusion, and gender mainstreaming; collaborate with families to establish child-friendly, accessible and confidential feedback and reporting mechanisms for protection concerns.
- Monitor and evaluate MHPSS interventions against accepted international humanitarian standards and ensure the application of evidenced-based practices to deliver high-quality services to the targeted population.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge/Training ideally in psychology, psychiatry, social work or related field with experience in psychosocial sector and humanitarian field Experience in developing MHPSS strategies in emergencies. A valid HEAT training or similar
- Experience in complex emergency context , high volatile contexts and under strict security constraints. Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operational context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Minimum 5 year experience of work in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs in humanitarian emergencies/context developing strategies and leading emergency responses in this field–Experience in inter-agency coordination, representation and negotiation with state and non-state actors, including local authorities and partners. Experience working in a volatile environment and tight security constraints. HR management, conflict resolution and problem-solving experience.
- Languages: English is mandatory. Knowledge of Turkish will be considered an asset.
- IT systems: Computer office, data management (KOBO), data analysis (SPSS, PowerBI) and internet use skills.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 3 months contract
Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and according to candidate’s previous experience.
This package includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area.
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket.
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply through this link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization