Catholic Medical Mission Board
Story and Image Gathering
- Responsible for finding inspiring stories within country programs, working with staff and beneficiaries, and volunteers
- Post, manage and monitor social media accounts
- Engaging in interviews with staff and community members to get firsthand accounts of CMMB’s impact and the challenges faced
- Responsible for diligent recording and documentation of content gathering (stories/interviews/images) and transcriptions into English when necessary
- Tasked with cataloguing stories into appropriate and organized filing system
- Tasked with taking compelling and respectful images of CMMB’s work in action, including staff in action, project sites, and more
- It will be the Comms Specialist’s responsibility that all required consent forms are completed, properly stored and shared
- Encouraged to teach staff and community members to share photos
- Work collaboratively and support professional photographers contracted to capture projects when scheduled
- Ensure that all materials adhere to the voice, branding and marketing requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring staff have branded materials and clothing, especially during a communications-related shoot day
- Use branded language on social media and in local press releases
- Provide content and strategy for CMMB South Sudan Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages
- Execute posting of content on a consistent schedule to be determined by country leadership
- Responsible for monitoring of local social media and escalating any concerns regarding social media to upper management
- Create strategy to increase engagement and reach in local communities, helping disseminate health information and stories to local people
Release and Protocol
- Safe-guarding CMMB’s brand in social media, story gathering, and media relations
- Procuring and cataloguing photo and story releases
- Working with local media to promote CMMB stories in local press
- Sharing stories with local partners to enhance collaborations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience in journalism, communications, international relations, marketing, or another applicable area
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies and producing communications products
- Demonstrable broad grasp and understanding of health issues and related humanitarian context in South Sudan.
- Demonstrable experience in effective media relations in-country.
- Experience working with Civil Society/NGO media/advocacy work in the context of development
- Demonstrable and proven strong conceptual, research, analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues as it relates to all media work and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial
- Must be comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple language
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, think strategically as well as work within a team
- Creative thinking, developing, designing, or creating new ideas, relationships, systems, or products
- High level interpersonal and diplomatic skills along with awareness of political sensitivities in different settings of South Sudan.
- Effective communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English; spoken Juba Arabic an advantage.
- Familiar with the latest trends, tactics, and technologies in digital influencing and can link online with offline media.
- Some graphic design skills and the ability to develop simple infographics is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work. Willing to travel to program areas within South Sudan for at least 50% of working time.
- Subscribes to CMMB’s vision and mission and is committed to promoting its values through daily behaviors and actions.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter by email, titled ‘CMMB South Sudan Media & Communication Officer Application’ to the following email address: [email protected] by latest the 17th of June, 2022 at 17:00 hrs South Sudan time. We encourage qualifying female candidates to apply.
Please note, that this position is open to South Sudanese Nationals only and that incomplete and late applications will not be considered, and due to the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working for CMMB.