General objective of the job/ job precisions:
The main objective of the MEAL coordinator is to ensure high quality reports are being developed for donors and CARE France allowing for clear justification of moneys received. In order achieve this the MEAL coordinator will train and guide 4 MEAL officers (3 in Romania and 1 in Moldova) who will be verifying and validating information as received from the partners. The MEAL coordinator will also lead the capacity strengthening of the partners the programme is working with. The MEAL coordinator will also play a crucial role in contributing to develop lessons learned and best practices in this unique programme set up.
This position reports to PDQA Coordinator. S/He supports meal officers for the 3 different areas in Romania and 1 one Moldova.
Monitoring & Evaluation of Projects
- Support the development of M&E plans, indicator matrices, and clear data collection plan in line with donor requirements in discussion with the technical team and lead on all field data collection exercises
- Work with project teams to develop an M&E Plan that outlines the different steps that are required, setting out who will deliver what and by when.
- Planning and implementation of baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments when needed; (Formulate assessments and M&E tools; Organizing and conducting baseline, PDMs, and producing high quality analytical qualitative and quantitative reports)
- Organize field activities, and support in recruiting, training and managing partners’ staff and volunteers
- Support data analysis, together with the project team and MEAL staff, and share them in the required format. Seek solutions for more complex data management requirements by working with IT colleagues
- Support systems to manage information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints databases
- Explore and implement M&E tool rationalization through continuous review and consultation with field staff
- Strengthen the capacity of projects and partner staff to implement the M&E plans, including data collection, analysis, reporting and conducting regular quality monitoring.
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform program management
- Assist in reviewing data bases and data tracking tools of diverse projects in order to maintain data quality for collating reliable and consistent data which meets minimum reporting requirements of donors and CIL.
- Assist the project team in strengthening the accountability mechanisms at project level
- Develop tools and database to collect, track, and follow up on beneficiary feedback regarding a project
- Set up simple systems to manage information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints databases.
- Managing complaint and feedback mechanism for the project
- Ensure CIL accountability mechanism and materials are disseminated throughout operation area
- Ensure Core Humanitarian Standards are mainstreamed through program design and implementation via trainings.
- Provide support to implementing partners with best practices and the program M&E framework
- Provide support needed for the hotline attendants in following up on complaints and hand out talking points for each situation occurring
- Support field workers and partners on accountability and humanitarian principles, and MEAL concepts/tools
Review, Reflection and Learning
- Assist the project team and partners in documenting lessons learnt and (donor) reports
- Conduct reviews, learning events at project locations
- Promote learning culture throughout CIL Sectors, particularly on issues of program quality. Regularly encourage Project leads to produce and report on best practices and lessons learnt
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager
- Ensure proper performance, learning and development and retention of the MEAL activities
- Additional communications and information management duties as required / other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Experience and Education (training):
- Master’s degree in business management, statistics, public policy, social sciences or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, especially at NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies on development and humanitarian programming in emergency context.
- Excellent level of English
Main skills for the position:
- Excellent understanding of humanitarian principles and humanitarian processes
- Demonstrated writing skills and ability to do research/collect data
- Knowledge and facility with standard office computer systems and software, ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail skills required with proven working experience using ODK Software management required
- Excellent Verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to liaise with affected communities
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity; experience and ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner; and capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Able to work under pressure and manage variable workload
- Adapt to changing environment
- Demonstrate fairness and impartiality
- Team player
- Ability to solve problem/work independently
- Ability to strictly adhere to task deadlines
How to apply
Please send your CV – motivation letter in English: [email protected]
Reference : MEAL Coordinator
Limited date to candidate :30/06/2022
In view of the urgency, we reserve the right to close the offer before the end of the application deadline.
CARE encourages diversity in its recruitments. With equal skills, CARE considers applications from women and men equally.
Due to the large number of applications, we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. Only those selected will be contacted directly. If you have not received a response from us within 4 weeks of sending your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
We would also like to point out that: given the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), in the event of an unsuccessful application, we will not keep your application file or any personal information about you. All records will be destroyed.
CARE France applies zero tolerance to the exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment of women and children and mobilizes all its employees in the implementation of its global policy.
CARE France will contact the previous employers of the selected candidates to determine if they have been found guilty of breaches of codes of conduct relating to harassment, sexual exploitation or abuse or fraud, or if an investigation was ongoing. at the time of the termination of the previous employment contract, on facts of this type. The transmission of an application for this position entails the acceptance of this system for collecting information from previous employers.