About FilmAid Kenya:
FilmAid Kenya is a development and humanitarian communications organization that has been working in the Kenya Refugee Operation for over 20 years. FilmAid Kenya harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies, as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the well-being of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities.
The M&E project assistant role will be a critical one in ensuring data management processes, reporting, use and M&E capacity strengthening in utilizing community feedback mechanism collected for the Sikika radio program. Under the supervision of the Content Development Coordinator, she/he will be supporting in data collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely writing of the Sikika project reports. Key responsibilities will be collecting and analyzing feedbacks from the Listener Group Heads. He /She shall coordinate with program teams in sharing monitoring and evaluation information and support in preparation and dissemination of program lessons from reports and success stories capturing with technical support from the supervisor.
Position Competency Profile:
- Support in collecting community feedback, data analysis and presentation for continued sharing with respective implementing partners during the CWC meetings.
- Assist where needed in weekly and/or monthly update reports on the DWA project, documenting project success stories, lesson learnt and data for continued communication and fundraising as the project comes to an end
- Lead in ensuring program data is updated onto project systems in use which includes, excel databases, Kobo Collect etc.
- Support the M&E technical aspects of the Sikika project as guided by the M&E Officer
- Work with the Content Generators in collecting bi-weekly Sikika feedbacks from the Listener Group Heads.
- Support in the distribution of the Sikika radio program content and participate in capacity building of the Listener Group Heads in Kalobeyei settlement and Kakuma refugee camp under the leadership of Content Development Coordinator.
- Under the technical support of M&E Officer jointly with program staff conduct routine data quality audit of the program to improve on the information being used for decision making.
- Enter, analyze, and share consolidated program data and submit on time to Content Development Coordinator for review and onward sharing for use.
- Participating in Conducting data review meeting for all program data sets.
- Participate in the development of community feedback questionnaire for assessment and use by Listener Group Heads.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili Language skills.
- Data Analysis and presentation skills
- Can be able to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- Adheres of the principal of PSEA, FAK’s Code of Conduct and anti-fraud policies.
- Adheres to FAK’s safety and security SOPs in Kakuma.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation technologies, techniques, approaches, and methodologies in radio programs
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use
- Desirable – Degree in Computer Science, M&E, Statistic, or related field. Diploma in Computer Science, M&E, Statistic, or related field may be considered
- At least 3 years’ experience with information systems, database management, and technology implementation or equivalent
- Computer literacy with possible advanced MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (SPSS, and Stata)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and data management software and methodology along with key platforms (KOBO)
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Good understanding of beneficiary community dynamic
- Experience in project planning and execution
- Impartial and embraces religious and cultural diversity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and with strict timelines.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to email address: [email protected] on or before 27th June 2022 , 5pm EAT and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘M & E Project Assistant – Kakuma’
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials, or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer