About the role
UK or any country in which we have an international office, preference will be given to candidates based in Poland however.
FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
Supply Chain Services (SCS) is recognised internationally as a foremost supplier of high-quality procurement services. It delivers a complete suite of supply chain products through agency, trading and health logistics consulting services.
The Logistics and Travel Team includes Greenshields Cowie Ltd (GSC), a forwarding and shipping agency which provides logistics planning, cargo movements and quality inspection on an individual or project basis; warehouse planning, systems, management, and training; and CTM (Corporate Travel Management), the in-house retail travel company.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To be a major part of the Control Tower operation for one or more Key Clients of GSC. Reporting through a Key Client Manager (KCM) and as part of a small Control Tower team, to provide freight forwarding and/or Order Management services for named key clients. This will involve arranging the movement of cargo, and other related logistic services, using all modes of transport. Liaise regularly with all parties to a shipment, tracking updates and the management of suppliers. Responsibility for handling both sales and purchase invoices through team of direct reports, logistics Assistants.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Working on instructions of the Forwarding Manager, provide a logistics service in compliance with company quality systems and standards of ethical practice, aid donor guidelines and end user requirements, through:
Sourcing freight requirements
- Clarify requirements with client where necessary
- Determine the most appropriate means of transportation, considering cost and time factors
- Identify sources to meet specification
- Provide quotes taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with company terms and conditions.
- Make recommendations and agree contract with the client.
- Negotiate cost reductions with suppliers where appropriate
- Confirm acceptance with client
- Prepare contract documents as required
- Liaise with freight company / supplier/Inspection as necessary to monitor progress, ensure timely delivery including customs clearance.
- Working with finance team to ensure supplier payment process works to meet the demands of the business
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of client invoicing.
- Resolve issues arising
- Maintain an on-going relationship with the client, keeping client pro-actively informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
- Liaise with other CA departments as required.
- Opportunity identification, tracking and management – feedback and suggestions (from both clients and suppliers and competitors) to be shared with KCM and GSC management
- All quotes submitted to be held centrally on Cargowise
- Feedback to be sought on all proposals submitted
- Where applicable, the Job Holder shall undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office
- ensure that all procurement is carried out using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture in order to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
- Degree level, or equivalent working experience
- Proven experience in forwarding, shipping or airline industry, or international logistics customer service from client side
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.