Save the Children
The Sponsorship Sernior Project Officer is responsible for assigned tasks among the implementation of Sponsorship Program. She/he will be main responsible for (i) district sub-grant management and (ii) being technical focal point/lead for ECCD core program and digitalization in education. The SPO will assist to ensure that Save the Children Vietnam activities are consistent with SCI and Global Sponsorship Office (GSO) programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations..
- Take lead in Sponsorship Annual Planning (SAP) and gather necessary information for the core program being in charge (ECCD program)
- Contribute to the development of Sponsorship Program strategic direction in ECCD, core program; to provide inputs to the Sponsorship quality implementation phase, and the thematic strategy in coordination with Sponsorship Senior Program Manager and Program Coordinator and staff involved in Sponsorship program.
- Act as a focal point and work closely with Technical Assistance (TA) team from Global Sponsorship Office and Country Office for program development to ensure quality implementation of core programs
- Ensure that recommendations from beneficiaries, government partners, and donors are considered in program development.
- Work closely with the Sponsorship Program team to capture core programs ECCD impact and lessons, feedback from beneficiaries and ensure these are integrated in Sponsorship program development.
Program Management and Technical Support
- Being responsible for subgrant management at district level (of Bao Thang district,)
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the sub-grant in charge to ensure an effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management by partner. It includes support to short-term planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, reporting through coordination with partner.
- Ensure that program progress in accordance with sub-grant agreement, activities are completed within time and on budget, leading to achieve monthly program KPIs of the Sponsorship Program.
- Take lead in the adaptation of Core Program Common Approaches in all subgrants and training for partner’s members and beneficiaries of the project.
- Provide technical support to foster the implementation and application of Sponsorship Core Programs (ECCD
- Ensure the ECCD core program is implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures.
- Provide support to Sponsorship Senior Program Manager and Program Coordinator in overall management of project implementation with high quality and in line with the objectives of the program strategy.
- Support Sponsorship Senior Program Manager and Program Coordinator in staff management of the Sponsorship Program.
- Coordinate assignments between Program staff as requested by SPM and coordinator
- Provide direct coaching or mentoring to the Project Assistant in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Provide support in preparing budget phasing and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with SPM, program staff and implementing partners
- Prepare detailed budget for core program in charge and the sub-grant budget based on the agreed activities, releasing the sub-grant, monitoring the sub-grant disbursement progress and review sub-grant finance report.
- Ensure that SCI and donor finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners. Report to Finance Director any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation.
- Cooperate with the finance and procurement team to conduct the finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation
Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Facilitate a program effective monitoring and evaluation framework and conduct regular field visit to project sites for technical assistance, monitoring and follow-up.
- Participate in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training as necessary
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan
- Being responsible for preparing donor and annual reports (SAR) relating to the component in charge and as requested by the Sponsorship Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Acting as co-lead in program portion of Sponsorship’s Self-Assessment (SA) and involve in preparing the SA report;
Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Represent SCI’s Sponsorship Programme in relevant forum or theme groups both locally and internationally and within SCI. With support from Communication Officer, increase and maintain the visibility of SC Vietnam.
- Support SPM and coordinator to establish and maintain network with INGOS, CSOs and donors working the theme being in charge to establish synergy and alliance for any advocacy initiative
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with local implementing partners such as district People’s Committees, district BOET, BOH and provincial DOET, DOH and CSOs for successful project implementation and ensure that government laws, policies and procedures are compiled during project implementation (e.g. MoU, project approval from local authority)
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45NDQ2NS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20