Translators without Borders
Contract length: 1 year Hours: Full-time Location: Home-based
Reporting to: Chief Language Services Officer
Salary range: 3,800-4,500 USD
Deadline for applications: July 7, 2022*
*Due to the urgency of this vacancy, screening and interviews will commence immediately and the candidate can be selected at any stage before the closing date.
CLEAR Global is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team,
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays,
- the flexibility of home-based/remote work,
- accommodation and per diems when on deployment.
Every year, CLEAR Global and the TWB Community support over 100 NGOs and UN agencies with critical languages services. In 2021, we delivered 28 million words in over 400 language pairs.
We are looking for an analytical, creative and dynamic Language Services Partner Success Coordinator to liaise between the Language Services Team and the rest of the organization. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for ensuring that people all over the world get the information they need in a language and format they understand.
As a Language Services Partner Success Coordinator, you will be comfortable working remotely with colleagues and volunteers. You will also be a team player with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Working within the Language Services Team you will have experience developing partnerships with organizations, developing proposals, exceptional communication skills and an excellent understanding of language service and language technology best practices.
- Build strong relationships across the organization, providing guidance and support on language services to CLEAR Global programs teams.
- Support with the preparation of partnership proposals, grant proposals and RFPs involving language services, performing a needs analysis and liaising with key members of the Language Services team.
- Support the Language Services team with the analysis of projects for existing partners
- Liaise between the Partnership Sales Team and the Language Services Team during the analysis and onboarding of new language service partnerships
- Proactively identify opportunities to offer innovative solutions or optimize workflows
- Actively participate in organization-wide discussions, bringing your unique perspective
- Develop and refine the partner success framework in collaboration with other teams,
- Create information products (written, multimedia etc) for our partners that describe our services in order to educate and raise awareness, with the aim of developing stronger partnerships through a greater understanding of the challenges and opportunities that language services offer.
Do it right:
- Develop, monitor and manage reports on partner success metrics
- Manage the annual partner satisfaction survey
Please note that these roles and responsibilities are approximate and may change over time.
The Language Services Partner Success Coordinator should be enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate is an energetic team player and leader who agrees with CLEAR Global’s basic beliefs and values, who can work virtually with team members based throughout the world and deploy at short notice to field locations.
- Able to innovate to find creative solutions; willing to explore new technologies
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events
- Resourceful, able to get more out of small budgets
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Detail-oriented, thorough, accurate, able to meet deadlines, and able to work quickly and steadily in a focused manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and reacts well to pressure
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and enthusiasm for learning.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to mediate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts constructively
- 5+ years of experience in language services
- 2+ years of experience in a sales/business development/customer success role
- Highly numerate with good business acumen
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers and small teams
- Good knowledge of language technology including CAT tools, MT, Terminology and QA Tools
- Good knowledge of standard Microsoft Windows applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Previous experience within the non-profit sector is desired
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Additional languages considered a plus
- University Degree in a relevant field
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 80,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
How to apply
To apply, please click here