The USAID Burma Responsible Investment and Trade Activity is a five-year (2020 – 2025) activity that will work with a broad range of international and domestic private sector firms and civil society actors to promote civilian ownership of the Myanmar economy by increasing the share held by responsible, accountable, and transparent firms. Through the Activity, USAID will increase trade and private sector investment. To attract and sustain investment and trade, the Activity is supporting firms operating in or entering the market in Myanmar to improve corporate governance, business transparency, and competitiveness.
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.
Consultant Title: International Trade Show Expert
Project: USAID Responsible Investment and Trade Activity (the Activity)
Overview of the Position
DAI seeks an International Trade Show Expert with extensive experience in the realm of international trade shows to support its USAID Responsible Investment and Trade Activity (the Activity) in Myanmar. To contribute to responsible investment and trade in Myanmar, the Activity is looking to empower Myanmar SMEs and export associations through sponsorship to attend international trade shows in locations including but not limited to Dubai, Singapore, and Thailand. Given that most Myanmar SMEs associated with The Activity has no previous experience with international trade shows, The Activity will need to support these companies through developing their trade show knowledge and expertise prior to their participation in such shows. The International Trade Show Expert will provide senior-level expertise in support of the Activity’s objectives for this exhibition-focused endeavor.
The International Trade Show Expert will perform a variety of tasks related to training Myanmar SMEs and export organizations for international trade shows, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a best practice guide for international trade shows that will aid Myanmar SMEs in understanding what actions and practices are required to participate successfully in such shows.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation that explains the best practice guide.
- Train a local expert in the specifics of the best practice guide so that the local expert can directly instruct and educate Myanmar SMEs and export organizations.
- Provide any further necessary training for Myanmar SMEs prior to and during specific international trade shows in Asia.
- BA/BS in Economics, Business, or Marketing studies or a related field or relevant experience; Advanced degree in Business, Economics, or Marketing studies is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in international trade shows in Asia and the Middle East
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing ability
- Experience in research, writing reports and/or guides is highly desirable
- Private sector experience is a plus, especially in Myanmar
- Fluency in English
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV via the link below and are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on the next steps.
Please apply here: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/suag45ontr/index.html?1654722096035