Fred Hollows Foundation
- Help us end avoidable blindness
- Do you want to do work that really matters?
- International Development Organization
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest growing international NGOs in healthcare.
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone, so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
About the Position
The Procurement Intern will be exposed to a real industry experience from the academic learning gained in college/university. This internship is a six months program aiming to give entry-level candidates work experience, personal and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Receive Intent to purchase from requesters and ensure they are fully approved.
- Assist in the solicitation of quotations, proposals, and tendering process.
- Assist with analyzing quotations received on a timely basis.
- In tandem with the Procurement Manager, assist in managing vendor database.
- Assist with sending communications to vendors including Local Purchase Orders.
- Support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the annual Procurement Plan, monitor progress and assist to make suggestions for overcoming bottlenecks.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and implementation of the document/file management system.
- Assist with asset inventory management.
- Implement best practices throughout the procurement cycle.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Perform other tasks as requested by your line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Purchase and Supplies or related field
- Any professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Previous internship experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively
How to apply
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via our website: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1101&company=thefredholand should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose.
Alternatively, if you would like further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at [email protected] Applications sent to this address will not be considered.
Closing Date: 24th June 2022
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors, and partners and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19