International Organization for Migration
IOM works in the five broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, addressing forced migration, and the implications of climate change on migration. Cross‐cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. The key responsibility of the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) is to formulate regional strategies and plans of action and to provide programmatic and administrative support to the countries within its region. Several Regional Thematic Units are based at the ROAP to fulfill this responsibility.
The Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Unit in the ROAP focuses on ensuring IOM Missions in Asia and the Pacific are prepared to respond to Migration Crisis needs, aid decision-making related to humanitarian affairs, and strengthens partnerships with other organizations within and outside of the humanitarian architecture.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP) project was developed in response to the critical need to collect and analyze information on (protracted) displacement and human mobility in, to and from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq and Pakistan and to contribute to evidence-based humanitarian and development programming in these countries and in the region.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to IOM project field missions in the collection and tabulation of data for DTM REMAP and other information management activities including regional priority data collection exercises.
- Assist in SQL server related tasks such as creating databases, SQL statements, database importing/exporting, and creating views.
- Research, analyze and evaluate new applications related to information systems, to new technologies and processes to manage information in response to disasters and/or complex emergencies and make recommendations for their utilization.
- Support technical liaison activities with relevant partners and stakeholders to present, discuss, advise, and explore potential development and initiatives in relation to the implementation of DTM REMAP and related DTM programs and projects at the global and country levels.
- Develop and improve ODK/Kobo forms for survey templates.
- Prepare tabulations for technical reports, information bulletins and other relevant information products related to displacement-affected populations and migration flows (such as statistical analysis and interpretation of results of site assessment, return intention surveys, flow monitoring surveys)
- Support in the production of information products, including, but not limited to, analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products, to ensure their highest possible quality.
- Assist the DTM REMAP project field missions in data entry, database use and troubleshooting, when required.
- Assist in the drafting and validation of standard operating procedures for DTM data collection and management.
- Implement a quality assurance system based on compilation best practice for data quality control as implemented by DTM offices worldwide and global guidance.
- Aid in the development of relevant information databases and tools including but not limited to the DTM REMAP project, sector related activities, mapping, and software tools.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Support day-to-day activities of the DTM REMAP project and IOM Regional office, undertake any other activities and support any other project activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 2022-047 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mention above.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Duly completed IOM Personal History Form
(can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);😉
- 2-3 writing samples, optional (relevant topic of your choice).