The IDMC Data Management and Analysis hub maximises and enhances the use of data collected by the IDMC monitoring experts and researchers, by producing innovative analysis and maintaining the organisation’s information management systems. The Hub provides data science services and new tools, including geospatial and temporal trend analysis, data visualisation, and displacement risk assessments, as well as transforming data into actionable information. The Data Management and Analysis hub is now looking for a self-motivated, detailed-oriented and organised Information Systems Technical Officer to perform the following functions:
- Coordinate with the development team the development, testing, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of IDMC’s internal databases. Ensuring that these systems are continuously available.
- Liaise between the IDMC’s monitoring team and the development team to troubleshoot database production issues and/or service outages, and document incident reports.
- Undertake analysis of requirements, data analysis and modelling, designing programmatic data flows and interfaces, understand user needs and translate into wireframes.
- Support the development, production, testing of databases and ensure they are continuously available
- Ensure the implementation of secure systems and procedures to ensure data and systems protection, and provide documentation od release and incident response activities.
- Develop and maintain enterprise-level data integration and data transformation solutions. Using internal and external data.
- Undertake research and forward-looking analysis to support and perform the development of analysis of internal displacement data collected by the monitoring team.
If you are curious and would like to learn more about this opportunity, please see here for the full job description.
What you will bring:
We are looking for someone with an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, information management, mathematics, statistics or related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in information systems analysis and programming, systems administration and maintenance, software development, project management of digital projects or related area. You will also have experience in PostgreSQL; Django; AWS; Microsoft Azure; Bootstrap; React, Vue or Angular; Docker; Serverless technologies; D3js or similar; GitHub, R, Python, Jupyter Notes. Knowledge of artificial intelligence and/or machine learning is also desired.
In addition, you should have:
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, ETL/ELT, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data principles, and data visualization
- Strong knowledge of reporting and BI tools (ex. SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, …) is an asset.
- Experience knowledge in digital transformation, digital enterprise architecture and information security implementations is desirable.
- Experience in handling the development of innovative information technology solutions is desirable.
- Project management experience desired.
- Able to research, collate, and summarise information from different sources.
- Able to translate technical language to key messages for a broad audience.
- Able to cope with extra work under pressure during peak campaign times.
- Ability to function under pressure and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Flexible, innovative and effective in working collaboratively as part of a multicultural team.
What makes this position attractive?
A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advancing practical, data-based solutions to internal displacement;
A 12-month, fixed term (renewable), 80-100% position with IDMC in Geneva;
Salary and benefits according to NRC/IDMC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Flexible working hours.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV as par of your application in our online recruitment tool.
For reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with an EU/EFTA nationality or a valid work permit for Geneva, Switzerland can be considered for this role. Kindly ensure to specify your permit type in the application if relevant.
We look forward to receiving your application!