International Rescue Committee
IRC’s immigration legal services program serves more than 14,000 individuals in 23 sites throughout the U.S. each year, providing accessible and critical legal representation and advice to immigrants and their families in order to acquire the highest level of immigration status available, keep families together, access their full rights, and successfully integrate in the U.S.
The Immigration Program at the IRC in Salt Lake City is a vital part of services and is responsible for providing low-cost immigration legal assistance and expertise to individuals in Utah. The Immigration Administrative Assistant provides support to the immigration program staff with day-to-day administrative duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform administrative duties for the immigration program, including receiving and screening phone calls, text messages and emails, communicating with clients about their appointments and cases, and utilizing and maintaining program databases
· Coordinate communication and referrals with the Utah Immigration Collaborative, and assist with administration of the referral database
· Collect documentation from clients and caseworkers to complete family reunification applications on their behalf in the appropriate database
· Monitor databases and track applications, communicate with IRC headquarters staff on any questions or corrections needed, and respond to client inquiries after submission
· Work in close cooperation with immigration program staff and other IRC staff including resettlement team members
· Train and supervise program interns and volunteers who support administrative duties
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organization culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; fluency in Spanish is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation**.**
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plan with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: