Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières, founded in 1971, is an international medical humanitarian organization that provides emergency medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from health care. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of medical professionals, logistics, administrative and various other professions, all guided by our medical ethics and our principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
MSF WaCA, created in 2019, is the first MSF headquarters in Africa, and responds to the desire to reinvent the MSF movement after 50 years of humanitarian actions in the world, for more access to care, more reactivity and proactivity for greater medical coverage of affected populations in the world.
Why join us?
You are preparing to become a member of the MSF family, with over 50 years of emergency medical action that earned the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
We are an inclusive organization that considers social and professional well-being a right for all and provides an environment that takes into account the diversity of each member.
MSF WaCA claims an African anchorage that considers the local expertise with which it contributes in the implementation of its activities and makes each member, a key actor of the new dynamics of the humanitarian action in the world.
We Are Looking for: HQ HEAD OF ADMINISTRATION
Department: Human Ressources
Direct Manager: HR Director
Supervise: HQAdministrative Assistant, Travel & Facility Manager
Working %: 100%
Position Based in: Abidjan
Mobility: All WaCA’s Interventions Zones
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Renewable
Position to be filled: As Soon As Possible
Ensure the efficient management of administration and human resources at Headquarters office, including implementation of HR policies, compliance with legal obligations, development of HR monitoring tools and budget management dedicated to human resources, while supervising the administration unit team and optimizing internal processes to strengthen organizational performance.
I- Administration and Human Resources Management Headquarters
• Assume responsibility for the sound management and quality of the organization’s personnel administration services.
• Administrative and HR policies and procedures:
– Contribute actively to the finalization, implementation and dissemination of the organization’s HR’s policies.
– Establish a feedback collection system to optimize future HR policy updates.
– Escalate exceptional requests that fall outside the scope of HR policies to the HR Director.
- Function grid :
o support the implementation of the new function and remuneration grid; to this end, develop an implementation strategy and timetable, and define the necessary resources.
– Ensure the integrity and validity of all contracts and contractual documents.
– Responsible for follow-up with all entities to which the contractual management of certain head office contracts is delegated
– Ensure the confidentiality of contractual information and benefits.
– Ensure compliance of Ivorian law contracts with local law.
• Ensure the implementation of administrative monitoring mechanisms for head office staff (job descriptions, monitoring of probationary periods, contracts, appraisals, amendments, etc.).
• Check and validate payroll for locally recruited head office staff
• Act as the focal point for all insurance-related matters, including managing the competitive bidding process and negotiations for renewals. Liaise with the insurer, ensuring that employees’ insurance coverage complies with MSF WaCA policies, and guaranteeing clear and effective dissemination of insurance-related information internally.
• Contribute to social dialogue with employees and staff representatives.
• Advise managers on team management, legal constraints and adaptations to new regulations
II- Proactive management of the legal administrative framework
• Ensure compliance with legal obligations in terms of labor law and maintain an active watch on relevant social news. (employment contracts, remuneration, vacations, declarations, etc.).
• Ensure the efficiency and compliance of internal procedures, simplifying processes for better understanding and application.
• Establish and maintain contacts with the Labour Inspectorate in Abidjan.
• Regularly consult MSF WaCA’s Legal Advisor on labor law issues.
III- HR Information System, Data and Indicators
• Be responsible for the continuous improvement of the tools used to track people and manage
• administrative management
• Design dashboards to track key HR indicators, analyze data and share results with relevant teams to guide decision-making.
• Optimize the management of archives and HR data to ensure their integrity and accessibility.
IV- HR Budget Management
• Compile the information required to draw up and monitor the HR budget for the head office.
• Draw up and monitor budget lines dedicated to travel, secondary benefits, insurance and facilities.
V- Team management
• Supervise the Head Office Administration Unit team.
- In relation to current HR projects, assess the adequacy of the setup with operational needs and propose any adjustments/restructuring required to optimize efficiency.
- Participates in “Head of” & CoDir discussion platforms
- Participates in department and HR Department meetings
- Master’s in human resources, Administrative Management, Social Science
- Strategic vision
- Personnel management and development
- Planning and organization
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and active listening skills
- Analytical and synthesizing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of MSF operational contexts
Professional experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional demonstrated experience in Administrative Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in team management
- Experience in labor law / social law
- Experience in designing function and remuneration grid
- International experience with international organisation is considered as an asset
- Working proficiency in English and French
- MS Office suite (mainly MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
MSF offers equal recruitment and development opportunities without any form of discrimination based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, geographical origin, physical disability or any other discriminatory ground.
Female candidates who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
N.B.: This job description provides a framework for the main responsibilities and primary activities of the position. It is not exhaustive. Therefore, the responsibilities and activities of the position may differ from those described in this job description due to organizational and operational needs.
Deadline: February 25th 2024 18:00 GMT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to apply
Kindly Apply via this link: HQ HEAD OF ADMINISTRATION (recruitee.com)
Deadline: 25 Feb 2024