International Rescue Committee
The housing Assistant works with the Housing team to coordinate and assist in the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and provides related logistical support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Housing team in identifying and securing safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to support a positive resettlement experience.
- Coordinate and assist with logistics and facilitation of housing setups and conducting home safety inspections under the instruction of the Housing and Logistics Coordinator.
- Assist with maintaining required documentation as needed.
- Collaborate directly with the Development team to coordinate donations pick up twice a month.
- Use personal insured vehicles to transport materials as needed throughout the service delivery area. Mileage reimbursement provided.
- Support general office logistics, such as office support and front desk, as applicable and feasible.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- University degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience required either non-profit, housing, or customer service-related industry
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skill and Competencies
- Strong relationships building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success or willingness to work and communicate effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success or willingness to work and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Superb organization, planning, and logistic skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to regularly lift ~50 lbs.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), ability to use the internet and other digital tolls for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal insured vehicle
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12-month time period.
How to apply