Save the Children
This position is responsible for overall project planning, implementation and management and for achieving project’s objectives of “Skills to Succeed” project in 05 provinces (Ho Chi Minh, Binh Duong, An Giang, Dak Lak and Dien Bien). The post holder is expected to work in close coordination with Child Poverty Thematic Lead and local partners to ensure effective, efficient and cost-sensitive implementation of the project activities in the assigned geographical locations.
This post is also expected to ensure that the project activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Management of project:
Management of project activities
- Oversee the management of Skills to Succeed project
- Directly manage the sub-grants agreements of government and CSO partners to ensure effective program implementation;
- Provide support and supervision to partner to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/ reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the project activities in the project areas, with and by partners;
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), Budget Phasing, Procurement Plan and ensure they are match to each other. Regularly review these plans and make necessary adjustments if needed.
- Liaise and manage relationships and contacts with key project partners including provincial government agencies and local partners;
- Apply and documentation of Quality Benchmark using to ensure the quality of the project
- Ensure the achievement of operational and program quality KPIs.
- Staff management
- Provide direct supervision to Project team, including Senior Project Officer, Project Officer and MEAL Officer to ensure the project team works productively in field implementation;
- Work together with project team’s members to identify clear performance objectives for each member including capacity building, support and motivate them to develop and implement their plans to achieve their objectives.
- Provide direct coaching and mentoring to project staff in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Financial management
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions;
- Manage project budgets including developing, reviewing, cash forecast, and phasing budgets;
- Reviewing monthly financial reports and listing of project expenditures.
- Monitor partners’ budgets, burn rate and advise Child Poverty Thematic Lead of and Southern Area Manager any anticipated problems;
- Facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation.
- Ensure that SCI finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners.
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL)
- Lead project-level MEAL, including regular monitoring visits to partners and the project mid-term review and end line study to ensure project activities are implemented as per work-plan;
- Lead development of case studies and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Ensure the setting up and implementation of the accountability mechanism to collect feedbacks from children, community and partners.
- Collate reports from project partners, and project team and produce the regular internal and donor reports as well as project updates for submission to senior managers.
Contribution to Programme development
- Ensuring project implementation quality and further develop the program in line with Child Poverty Program’s strategic direction and long-term planning;
- Be updated on and follow recent and cutting-edge developments in the international and national community in regards to Child poverty issues. as sustainable livelihood, child sensitive social protection, skill development and job opportunities for adolescent and youth;
- Provide technical assistance in terms Child Participation Skill development, employment and sustainable livelihood opportunities for adolescent and youth with different disadvantaged background, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion and Advocacy to staff members and to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results;
- Support Child Poverty Thematic Lead with inputs on Country Annual Plan and Country Annual Report
- Actively participate in, and provide inputs to, developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies;
- Coordinate closely with other sectors especially the advocacy and MEAL team, to provide technical management support and contribute to the advocacy efforts in Child Poverty program and other sectors as appropriate.
- Coordination, representation, advocacy and networking
- Support engagement and communication with Save the Children Member and donor on project progress with thematic lead;
- Support national level project activities, including advocacy and coordination;
- Serve as the main contact to represent the project in operation locations and maintain effective links with local partners at all levels to facilitate implementation, sustainability and scalability of the project;
- Maintain effective links with local partners at all levels to facilitate implementation, sustainability and scalability of the project;
- Maintain effective collaborations with other partners and organizations and related projects in the same provinces for better integration and coordination;
- Build and maintain effective partnerships and networks with relevant technical groups, CSO network, NGOs and local business network for effective implementation and scalability of the project;
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45OTY1Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20