Syrian American Medical Society Foundation
Position: Health and Nutrition Officer – PRF-2402-01001-454
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Senior Health and Nutrition Officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: February 16, 2024
The Health and Nutrition Officer is responsible for developing the quality of the programs, providing technical support, and ensuring the implementation of standards and evidence-based protocols. Also, will be responsible for all the Nutrition and CHW tasks in training and guidance help with the technical information, and represent SAMS in all related Cluster Meetings and groups.
Technical unit team and other officers of Turkey/Syria Office Departments.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Health & Nutrition:
- Define, develop, and implement SAMS’ quality assurance processes, testing methodologies, and supporting tools.
- Review requirements to provide feedback on completeness, testability, and risk areas that could affect service quality.
- Identify, replicate, document, prioritize, and track issues to closure using issue-tracking systems.
- To ensure service recipients and career feedback are collected and used to drive quality improvements for service users.
- To manage day-to-day relationships with providers including reviewing the quality of their service delivery and recommending improvements.
- Work closely with programs and operations to ensure the quality of processes and procedures.
- Educate team members across the organization regarding the quality function and their role in meeting quality standards.
- Produce quality metrics, testing results, and other reports for all levels of management.
- Ensure technical compliance between the programs, projects, and standards. Attendance of all relevant meetings and representing SAMS in contribution to all related health and nutrition sector/cluster services.
- Preparing/developing technical guidance, protocols, approaches, and service packages.
- Oversee technical capacity-building programs, participate in assessing training technical needs, and contribute to the preparation and reviewing of training materials.
- Providing technical support for the project team during the PLC.
- Providing technical support for other awareness activities in coordination with the various departments, especially the Projects and Media Department.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Scope of job:
- Primary health care
- Sexual and reproductive health care
- Nutritional services.
- Community Health Services
- Health Promotion.
- Promote and model a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
- Ensure effective internal communications.
- Work with the program leadership to resolve issues/conflicts in the workplace professionally when requested.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required:
- A university degree in Medical Science / Pharmacy / public health or any other related field is required.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 1 year in Health Science is mandatory.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 1 year in project management or quality control within NGOs is mandatory.
Fluent in written and spoken Arabic (native) and Intermediate in English.
- Scientific Background
- Quality Monitoring of Services
- Development of Scientific protocols/guidelines
- Providing technical support for training
- Providing technical support for ongoing projects
- Providing technical input for proposals
- Developing ToRs
- Data Analysis
How to apply
The salary will be defined according to the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale.
Interested candidates may please send their resumes and fill out the application at the following link:
Deadline: 16 Feb 2024