TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. We do this by helping users explore and discover the world’s creativity, knowledge, and moments that matter in everyday life by empowering everyone to be a creator directly from their smartphones. While doing this, we are committed to building a safe, healthy and positive online environment for all our users.
About the Team:
The public Policy/GR team is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with regulators/legislators, communicating and collaborating with internal cross-functional and engaging in strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for a Head of Middle East, North Africa and Turkey Markets Government Relations and Public Policy to join our growing team.
The main responsibilities for this exciting role include:
1. Directs and oversees government relations/public policy in the MENAT region from strategic short, medium, and long-term goals planning.
2. Leads the team in managing the evolving market dynamics within the MENAT region, based on opportunities and risks.
3. Proactively identify emerging and significant policy issues with the MENAT team, alert concerned internal teams about them, and address any issues.
4. Advise internal teams on public policy matters emerging in several markets, and help to shape strategic and actionable plans in line with respective Governments’ regulations and policy frameworks.
5. Support the MENAT team in building solid relationships with local Governments, NGOs, academia, think tanks, and other stakeholders in the different markets to support the growth of TikTok.
6. Support the team in working with policymakers think tanks, private sector partners, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of data protection, privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy, and other technology-relevant public policy concerns.
7. Cross-functionally and strategically work with internal stakeholders such as communications, legal, business, marketing, and the broader policy teams.
8. Become an external advocate for TikTok’s policy positions, and work to help local communities better understand TikTok.
To join our dynamic and fast-growing team, the ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. A post-graduate qualification is desirable.
An education background in law or public policy is a plus.
Ideally, 15-20 years of demonstrated experience managing public policy and/or government relations, advocacy work, and government/private sector partnerships out of which 5-10 years of work experience in local government or a public policy team of a global tech or internet company is preferred.
A strong evidence of team leadership with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
Outstanding judgment, persuasive and lobbying skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often uncertain environment.
A vast understanding of emerging markets’ content market and the technology sector.
A solid network and relationships with policy-makers, academia, civil society, and the technology industry.
An interest in emerging technologies and public policy work.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.