Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
The Swiss Centre for International Health – one of five departments of Swiss TPH – provides policy advice, project design and management in the area of public and global health with the aim to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery. Our Digital Health unit holds substantial expertise in identifying and implementing digital health solutions, including health information applications for improved health services, health financing, computerised epidemiological surveillance systems, health management information systems as well as digital solutions for training health professionals.
We are seeking a successor for a leadership position based at the new headquarters of Swiss TPH in Allschwil, in close proximity to Basel
Head of Digital Health Unit
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Manage a unit consisting of a team of about 15 collaborators in Allschwil and of around 20 project collaborators abroad with an annual turn-over in the range of CHF 5-6 million
- Oversee, plan and coordinate long-term health sector projects in the emerging area of digital health
- Oversee and implement short-term mandates in the area of digital health
- Further develop the thematic profile and project portfolio of the unit. This includes the expansion of strategic partnerships and the identification of new business opportunities.
The jobholder reports to the head of the Swiss Centre for International Health. He/she will be a member of the departmental leadership team.
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we ask for the following requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in health sector programs
- Have hands-on practical experience and technical expertise focusing on one or more areas of digital health such as: (i) digital health product development, software as a medical device such clinical decision support systems; (ii) mobile medical apps, medical device interoperability and data protection, and (iii) personalized digital health, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and novel digital health technologies
- Academic background in public health science and/or health informatics; preferably at doctorate level (PhD or MD)
- Track record in business development and consulting
- Several years of experience in leadership and staff management
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in low- and middle-income countries
- High level of commitment and flexibility as well as willingness to travel abroad, including to remote places
- Excellent command of English and of at least one more language (specifically French, Portuguese or Spanish)
- Excellent communication skills, strong spirit of team work and initiative, and ability to work in a multi-cultural context
Swiss TPH, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to excellence through diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are looking to have the successful candidate in place by 1 January 2023.
Contact: For more information please visit our website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/scih/digital-health-unit/
How to apply
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
- Motivational letter incl. salary expectations
- Reference letters and diploma
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All. Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 15 July 2022. First round interviews will be in August.