Save the Children
As a member of the Türkiye Country Office’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT), The Director of Awards and Donor Compliance is responsible for delivering an efficient and effective award management function. They will lead award management for all programmes and develop best practice award management processes across the Turkiye Country Office. The role has three main aspects to it: lead and develop the Country Office award management effort; capacity building staff and contributing to the development of best practices systems and processes.
The role offers a leadership opportunity for an individual highly experienced in grants management, business development and donor communications. It requires an individual capable of providing strategic leadership to a dynamic team which is responsible for supporting ambitious fundraising targets as well as the management of a portfolio of awards currently valued at $25 Million containing USAID, BPRM, DFAT, SIDA, DANIDA, ECHO, KOICA, and other institutional and private donors.
The individual will be responsible for working with all other teams in the Country Office to develop the capacity of all staff and provide on-the-job support to develop an awards management process that supports Save the Children quality standards. Such standards must be applied to new funding opportunities including ensuring proposal budgets are accurately costed, and during implementation the Head will provide support and information to the technical and field-based teams to deliver donor compliant awards and high quality and timely donor reports.
The maintenance of systems, processes and day to day management of the team will be a primary function of the Head of Awards and Donor Compliance. The individual will play a key role in the development of a culture that promotes the primacy of ensuring Save the Children delivers high quality programmes whilst always seeking to improve national staff capacity to take on roles currently held by international staff.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Extensive experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field
- Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting; experience of engaging with donors at a strategic level
- Well-developed skills in staff management. Proven coaching and capacity building skills
- Understanding of the financial aspects of award management, and understanding of operations and programming
- Very strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to analyse trends
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, able to improvise, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in English, and strong interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience with award management policies, procedures and systems and Save the Children’s award management system (AMS)
- Understanding of financial reporting from Save the Children’s accounting software (Agresso)
- Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
Position holder will be based in Türkiye, while international applications are welcome, priority will be given to local applications.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMjM1MjcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t