Réf : PF240_GEO_GEO_2022_0008
In the framework of its project “REMPART Epidemic”, the Guiana Red Cross, in partnership with the French Red Cross, wishes to subscribe to the service described below: A consultancy to create epidemic risk awareness tools for awareness raising sessions with pupils in Guyana.
The main objective of this consultancy is to: Raise awareness of epidemic risks to pupils and impact a larger scale of the population with the circulation of information in family circles. This campaign should indeed contribute to behavior change among children to reduce their vulnerability to epidemic hazards. The campaign has to promote a participatory and inclusive approach.
Terms of Reference :
Objective of the consultancy : Creation of epidemic risk awareness tools for awareness raising sessions with pupils in Guyana.
As part of the REMPART Epidemic Project, a school awareness campaign has been defined as necessary to cover a proven lack of knowledge on reducing epidemic risks in Guyana.
The campaign’s main objective is to raise awareness of epidemic risks to pupils and impact a larger scale of the population with the circulation of information in family circles. This campaign should indeed contribute to behavior change among children to reduce their vulnerability to epidemic hazards. The campaign has to promote a participatory and inclusive approach.
Specific purpose of the consultancy : To develop editable awareness-raising teaching materials and tools for raising awareness on epidemic risks in schools with children ages 7 – 16 and the community. These tools will be used by the teachers during awareness sessions in their classes to teach their students about epidemic risks and how to reduce epidemic risks.
Desired dates : 28/06/2022 – 28/07/2022
Duration of the consultancy : 1 month
Deliverables : Illustrated teaching booklet (Flipbook), Board Game (1 item), Posters (2 items), Stakeholder Meeting
Methodology : To develop the awareness raising material, the consultant will apply the relevant based on the explanations given in the specific purpose of the consultancy. The consultant may recommend better methodology and tools not limiting to the following:
- Desk review of epidemic risks related documents
- First draft of awareness-raising tools on the basis of the list of themes already identified
The identified themes are the following:
- Identification and transmission of the main epidemic risks identified
- Prevention measures on the main epidemic risks identified
- Protection measures on the main epidemic risks identified
Consultant Profile(s) : The consultant(s) should have the following qualification and experiences:
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, with the knowledge of epidemic risks in Guyana.
- Must hold a degree in Communications or any equivalent and recognized qualifications.
- Experience in epidemic risk awareness and community action
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Good written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of the Guiana Shield context is desirable
Deadline and contents of the submission : Proposals meeting ToR requirements have to include the following information:
- Name and address of the applicant
- Expression of interest outlining how the applicant meets the selection criteria and its understanding of the ToR
- Names and contacts of three recent professional referees (previous clients) for whom similar work has been conducted – preferably from different projects
- An example of similar pieces of work completed recently
- Financial proposal with a detailed budget (unit price and total price, Price excl. tax/price incl. tax, currency in GYD)
- Payment conditions and settlement procedures
- Date and validity limit of the proposal
- Guarantee offered
How to apply
We invite companies wishing to bid to submit their technical & financial not later than 28th of June 2022.
Under reference PF240_GEO_GEO_2022_0008
By email: [email protected] or by Mail : To: Guyana Red Cross Society, Block x, Barrack Street, Kingston
attention Project Manager, Andrea Phillips.
If needed, please ask the complete pdf version of the ToR by email : [email protected]