arche noVa e.V. – Initiative for People in Need is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) from Dresden/Germany primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), but we also implement project in the sectors of in Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security and Livelihood in various contexts.
To oversee and enhance the global IT infrastructure in alignment with arche noVa’s missions, ensuring maximum efficiency, robust cybersecurity, and scalability across all international country and field offices we are looking for an experienced
Global IT Manager (f/m/d)
Contract duration: 2 year’s contract with 6 months probationary period. Our aim is a long-term collaboration.
Location: Global – with Headquarters in Germany; working is possible from everywhere, preference would be Kenya/Nairobi, Lebanon/Tripoli or AN offices in Germany but also possible from the respective place of residence of the candidate.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Working hours: Full time (40 hrs/week)
Global IT Infrastructure Assessment
- Conduct a thorough review of the existing IT infrastructure
- Identify areas for improvement in efficiency and scalability in support of arche noVa’s HQ, country and field offices
Policy Development & Compliance
- Design, update, and enforce IT policies and SOPs focused on data protection, cybersecurity, and usability
- Ensure strict compliance with GDPR and applicable international data protection laws
Standardisation & Support
- Work with IT teams across multiple country and field offices to standardise developed SOPs and revise them
- Offer support for troubleshooting and effective implementation of IT practices
IT Compliance Auditing
- Regularly audit global IT systems for adherence to IT standards, data protection regulations, and best practices for humanitarian organisations.
Communication & Technology Integration
- Facilitate streamlined communication and aligned infrastructure upgrades between headquarters, country and field offices
- Ensure the successful deployment and utilization of unified technology platforms, such as Nextcloud and BigBlueButton
- Implement and manage advanced IT security protocols to safeguard against breaches and cyber threats
- Oversee network security, threat detection systems, and user-access management
Staff Training & Development
- Develop and conduct regular training sessions for staff on the responsible use of IT resources, with a strong emphasis on data protection and security awareness
Emerging Trends & Strategy Adaptation
- Actively monitor and adapt to emerging technology trends to maintain state-of-the-art IT resilience and data defense capabilities
- Handle the full lifecycle of IT asset management, including procurement, deployment, maintenance, and ethical disposal in line with humanitarian sector standards.
Hardware & Software Administration
- Administer, optimise, and maintain IT hardware and software, ensuring operational continuity.
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or practical experience.
- Proven experience in global IT infrastructure management, preferably within humanitarian or international organisations.
- Experience with IT project management and deployment of collaborative tools like Nextcloud and BigBlueButton.
- Solid background in developing and delivering IT and data security training programms.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and other international data protection laws.
- Advanced understanding of network security, cybersecurity trends, and threat mitigation.
- Skilled in cross-cultural communication and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple international teams.
- Familiarity with IT asset lifecycle management and lean resource management in the context of non-profit organisations.
- English – business fluent; other languages are an asset
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive salary according to internal salary scale
- International health and hazard insurance
- Further allowances depending on duty station
- 2.5 days leave days per month (30 days per year) in addition to up to 20 public holidays.
- Opportunity to bring in your own ideas and experience
- Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
- Opportunities for further personal and professional development
Attention: this is no family duty station.
arche noVa is a family-friendly employer, offers flexibility to balance work and family life and promotes equal opportunities. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive working environment based on mutual respect for all employees. At arche noVa, we value the diversity of our employees with their unique skills, backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
How to apply
Deadline for application: 29.02.2024; as long as it is published
Applications are screened continuously and interviews can already take place before the deadline.
Please send your application documents (cover letter, motivation, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations in one pdf-document to Ms. Richter: [email protected]**.** Please describe your motivation of working for arche noVa as Global IT Manager (f/m/d).
Subject: Global IT Manager (f/m/d)
Further information: www.arche-nova.org
Deadline: 29 Feb 2024