The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Global Engagement Coordinator. This position can be fully remote from a continental US-based location or hybrid within a commutable distance to either one of our office locations in Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA. The desired start date for this position is March 11, 2024, and the estimated end date is August 23, 2024, with very likely potential for extension.
Position Description: On August 28, 2019, Tetra Tech was awarded the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) program, a five-year, $53 million contract from the U.S. Agency for International Development to implement the agency’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of ocean plastic pollution.
The Global Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating discussions with potential program partners relative to opportunities for engagement and investment from the private sector and other non-US governmental funding sources. The coordinator will be responsible for facilitating USAID’s image and participation in solid waste management issues including the reduction of marine plastic pollution. This position will help coordinate CCBO’s engagement in high-level international fora and lead efforts to forge or strengthen multi-stakeholder alliances. The coordinator, along with Country Directors and other program personnel, will be CCBO’s liaisons to private sector and impact investors, facilitating access to a pipeline of projects and incentivizing private capital investment in the solid waste management and recycling value chain, focused on circular economy, in CCBO focal countries.
* Coordinate CCBO’s engagement in high level international fora and lead efforts to forge or strengthen multi-stakeholder alliances; facilitate knowledge sharing and dialogue in multi-stakeholder alliances and make the case for investment.
* Act as CCBO’s liaison to private sector and impact investors, facilitating access to a pipeline of projects and incentivizing private capital investments in the SWM/Recycling value chain.
* Demonstrate “proof of concept” models; improve municipality/project bankability for partners, donors and investors by cultivating relationships with financing agents to identify and facilitate investment options for SWM strategies.
* Coordinate and leverage USAID participation, through Tetra Tech, in relevant global fora (for example: Our Ocean, G7/G20, APEC, INC); ensure that messaging and advocated policies at CCBO events do not conflict with known USAID policies and positions on these topics, including Extended Producer Responsibility (“EPR”).
* Drawing on Tetra Tech’s technical expertise, recommend specific tasks/scopes of work by other business units within Tetra Tech and/or independent consultants to support project impact.
*Monitor and report out on progress on completion of work, obstacles, accomplishments, and other pertinent information related to Tetra Tech staff and contracted independent consultants.
* Facilitate public-private co-design of products and recycling systems, joint collection efforts (revenue and co-financing based), and leverage and scale current successful technologies
* Collaborate with other CCBO team members to organize variety of fora to ensure all stakeholders, including pickers, street sweepers, collectors (especially youth, women and disadvantaged groups) are included in planning/design process.
* Work with other CCBO team members, corporate and municipal stakeholders to establish policy standards that support living wages, safe working conditions and inclusion and work collaboratively with CCBO team on multi-disciplinary activities, including but not limited to social inclusion and gender equality.
* Lead strategies that result in partnerships or leveraged funds and provide guidance and tools for grantees or strategic partners in establishing MOUs, proof of concept models, value chain links or investment.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field and 6 years (or bachelor’s degree and 8 years) of experience in supporting engagement with regional and international entities related to solid waste management and oceans plastics.
* Experience collaborating and facilitating public-private partnerships and multi-stakeholder alliances to leverage private sector investment for reducing ocean plastics.
* Prior USAID experience preferred.
* Ability to be self-directed and work well independently and as part of a geographically and culturally diverse team.
* Strong organizational skills are essential, with an eye towards managing incoming information and data from multi-lingual teams with wide-ranging technical capacities.
* Experience and understanding of issues surrounding marine debris, solid waste management, climate change mitigation and adaptation and other areas sharing co-benefits from stemming the flow of plastics into the ocean are preferred, but not required.
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline is Friday Marth 8th,2024.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
Pay Transparency and Benefits Statement:
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assists in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), time off with pay, 401k retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Please visit Life at Tetra Tech – Tetra Tech to learn more about our benefits.
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant and equitable approach to employment compensation and rate setting. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $85,000 to $101,000 annually.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide helpful and reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Deadline: 11 Mar 2024