- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for an experienced General Practice Physcian to coordinate & provide specialized general medical services to patients. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Review medical history & records of patients in order to understand their medical conditions better & administer treatment through surgical operations & other medical procedures.
- Review & analyze patient’s medical history, reactions to medicines, physical condition & examination results to verify operation’s necessity & determine best procedure.
- Examine patients in order to obtain information on medical conditions & establish risk associated with or related to surgical operations among them.
- Diagnose bodily disorders & provide treatments, such as medications & surgeries, in medical clinics, hospital wards & operating rooms.
- Prescribe preoperative & postoperative treatments & procedures for patients.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent & treat diseases, or improve or restore patients’ functions.
- Provide consultation & surgical assistance to other medical specialists & surgeons.
- Refer patient with complex or diverse medical conditions to other medical specialist for further medical diagnosis & treatment when necessary within & without the hospital.
- Examine surgical instruments, equipment & operating room to ensure sterility & suitability to perform surgical operations.
- Perform surgical operations & other medical procedures in order to treat patients in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- Prepare case histories for discharged or transferred patients from the operating theatres to other sections & units of the hospital.
- Collaborate with other surgeons in performing complex or extensive surgical operation or other medical procedures required by patients.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Medicine & Surgery with a minimum of three years of progressive post qualification clinical experience.
- Board certified / postgraduate certified by an appropriate body following the successful completion of specialist training in General Surgery or equivalent, with a minimum of three years’ progressive post specialist qualification.
- Experience in damage Control surgery is a requirement.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice medicine & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of Level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live and work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: