OPEN END | | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
To ensure the performance, security and resilience of the ACTED cloud platform.
To implement industry best-practices in the fields of cloud-native and ‘infrastructure as code’ environments in line with ACTED policies.
To support the ACTED Data & Development team in the implementation of the core application stack.
Function & Responsabilities:
Management of the ACTED cloud platform (Azure)
- Construct and maintain a catalogue of ACTED’s hosted services, including production and pre-production environments
- Develop and document the necessary modules automating workload lifecycle and maintenance tasks
- Propose and implement monitoring solutions suitable for the development and infrastructure teams
- Implement a suitable mechanism for managing secrets and configurations for deployed services
Collaborate with the ACTED Infrastructure team to ensure the integration of the cloud platform with the existing ACTED technical infrastructure
- Design product specifications, contractual requirements and technology stacks related to all technical architectures
- Collaborate closely with development teams and promote a culture of resilient system design
- Implement the ACTED Information Security Policy in all system designs
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures
- Perform security and maintenance updates as required
- Implement backup policies and business continuity plans
- Enforce a sound cloud financial management discipline (FinOps) by ensuring that cloud services costs are under control at any time
- Proactively identify gaps in existing systems documentation and update documentation accordingly
Collaborate with the Data & Development team
- Advise on the integration of CI/CD pipelines with the ACTED cloud platform
- Facilitate the deployment of isolated feature-branch environments for internal testing
- Provide mechanisms for debugging preprod and production environments for authorised developers
- Assist with the development of REST APIs in the ACTED Core IMS application as required
Monitoring and incident management
- Ensure constant system monitoring, raise alerts of any new vulnerabilities and propose solutions to the Infrastructure & Cyber-security Manager
- Create, centralize and consolidate reports from the infrastructure and network of ACTED’s global sites
- Design, update and implement dashboards to monitor systems performance
- Assist IT helpdesk team with automation and provide level 2 support for tickets that require escalation
- Be a key actor in the IT incident management process by being first responder during IT incidents and coordinating responses with stakeholders
- Perform remediation actions and follow-up post-incident action plans
Support change management
- Ensure constant technological monitoring and perform active search of innovative solutions and service providers
- Contribute to change management and training of IT teams in the field
- Design training materials, tutorials & user manuals for field IT solutions and systems
- Contribute to the development a culture of IT security across all departments
Expected skills and qualifications
- DevOps background and at least a BAC+5 qualification
- Strong proficiency designing and managing cloud native applications with microservices patterns (Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, Docker…)
- Experience with commercial cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google, …)
- Experience with DevSecOps automation: CI/CD pipelines, secret management, monitoring
- Experience programming in Python appreciated
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS appreciated (AKS, SQL, Redis, Elastic, Storage, …)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practice (ANSSI, CIS20, OWASP…)
- Ability to write technical and promote official documents and standards
- Rigorous, autonomous and organised, solution-oriented
- Fluency in English & French required
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise – between 1800e and 1900e net per month
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge
How to apply
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to [email protected] Ref: CDE/HQ
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.