Position: Food Security Program Officer
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: Food Security Program Manager
General Post Description
The Senior Food Security (FS) Programme Officer based in Gaziantep is responsible for supporting the day-to-day execution of IDD’s programmatic activities in Syria. The incumbent will support the implementation of IDD’s FS portfolio in northwest Syria, namely, Food Baskets (FB), Food Vouchers (FV), and Cash Grants (CG), all in compliance with IDD’s and the donor’s procedures.
Functional and hierarchical reporting lines
This position reports to the Food Security Program Manager. He/she is daily interacting and leading the field teams for implementation, coordinates with M&E, Finance, Logistic and Accountability and Security department.
Principal responsibilities AND TASKS:
- Maintain regular communication with the field team to ensure accurate and timely data entry, programmatic updated and new field developments, also in coordination with relevant units
- Ensure field documentation transfer to Gaziantep office is conducted on monthly basis in coordination with programmes, logistics and archiving the FSL programme documentation
- Where needed, provide capacity support to field team on programmatic implementation
- Provide liaison support to field team in coordination and communication with local councils and other relevant stakeholders
- Support planning of all program activities, especially selection of new areas across FB and FV modalities. Coordination with Security, Accountability, M&E and field teams on overall process and ensure adherence to timelines.
- Coordinate with M&E team to conduct the need assessment of the operation area, discuss and analyze data and evaluate options to operate in the most needed areas in terms of needs, challenges and market function, liaise with the field team (Area coordinator, head of program and FV coordinator).
- Coordinate results with security departments to obtain clearance for areas of operation
- Lead beneficiary selection process with support from FS PM based on awarded grants, starting with survey questions and working with ME team.
- Check and review data received from M&E program and field level to create final lists of beneficiaries for all programmatic activities and list of selected FV vendors
- Contribute to proposal development and program improvements
- Develop monthly food voucher values with Food Security PM and agree on final values based on market assessments
- Assist the FSL Programme Manager on the day-to-day planning, management and execution of the FSL activities in Syria, including tracking implementation progress against the targets and providing course corrections where needed
- Reviewing weekly work plans prepared by field level
- Follow up on issues raised by Accountability team and CRM mechanisms and resolve all issues
- Support beneficiary data management system roll-out for distributions of FB and FV , food voucher vendors, including preparation of current and historic data for upload
- Review all payment documents, run consistency and data checks and confirm validity of all documents before approval of PM
- Analyse all FB and FV data, update internal tracking systems and prepare data for reports to donors
- Collect lessons learned from the implementation level and feedback to PM for integration of learning into future programming
- Support roll-out of beneficiary data management system, including ensuring data transfers and training of field staff.
- Monitor and provide regular updates on context, especially on any new humanitarian and emergency developments to support preparations for rapid response planning
- Prepare regular and updated distribution plans to be shared with field team
- Responsible for maintaining regular communication with the field team for daily updates
- Ensure quality control on key documentation such as contracts, MoU, distribution protocols and where needed provide capacity support to field team to prepare such documents
- Attend relevant meeting and provide representation to relevant FSL meetings, as assigned by the employee’s Line Manager
- Collection of progress report from the field, checking FS projects figures
- Preparation of 4W and other relevant reports
- Prepare and maintain tracking sheets of all distributions and payments
- Ensure all required documents are attached to correct ELO workflows
- Update SOP for Food Baskets and Food Vouchers
Field staff management
- Manage field staff for FV and FB, ensure close coordination between teams
- Support field staff in preparing the plans and trackers.
- Support the field team to prepare PRs for food vouchers and food baskets and coordinate with Logistics for delivery days and availability in the field.
- Familiarity with programme cycle management and humanitarian/emergency programming
- Ability to work independently, and produce quality work consistently
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), and familiar and comfortable working with data platforms and applications
- Confident, self-driven and a team player
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily establish and maintain key relationships with relevant units and stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of two years of progressive experience working in a similar programmatic role for non-governmental organizations, preferably within the Syrian crisis context
- Arabic language (mandatory) and English language (high proficiency)
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Fluent English & Arabic & Turkish is advantage
- Turkish citizenship obligatory
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects.**
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager.**
- Represent IDD in sectoral meetings based on assignments from line manager
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, IDD Code of Conduct, IDD Key Policies and relevant guidelines.**
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply with your CV (in English) on https://airtable.com/shrb7qE0w0Z6ChAqw until 11.04.2022.