British Red Cross
Location: London (area surrounding M25)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,717 per annum (includes a market supplement and Inner London Weighting)
Could you teach people how to save a life?
We have a vacancy for a customer-focused British Red Cross First Aid Trainer to join our team who will play a vital role in delivering first aid training and specialist courses, teaching life-saving skills to people. From helping someone who is unresponsive, to treating burns, we equip people with the confidence to provide potentially lifesaving support in an emergency. The session we deliver depends on the needs of our service users so no two days will be the same!
This role will require travel to training venues across London and surrounding areas, therefore it would be preferable if candidates have a valid UK driving licence and acces s to a vehicle. Some flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekend work will be required as part of this role. This is a fantastic opportunity and will be a rewarding role for the right person, you’ll be helping us to achieve our mission of helping people in crisis.
Diversity is something we celebrate
At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone.
We are keen to hear from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Say hello to the team
Our team are welcoming, motivated, and passionate about helping people. We’ve been delivering first aid at work courses for more than 30 years. We have over 170 trainers t hroughout the UK, and in 2019 we delivered training to over 140,000 delegates. Not only do our courses provide people with life-saving knowledge and skills; after costs have been deducted, every penny made goes to support the work of the British Red Cross. You’ll be working collaboratively in a team of First Aid Trainers based across Hertford and surrounding areas to deliver the best service possible.
We hold ISO 9001:2015 quality management accreditation, demonstrating the quality of service and training you can expect to receive when choosing the British Red Cross.
We want our Trainers to be the best they can be. We provide a range of learning and development courses to aid your continual development, and you’ll also have ongoing guidance from your Team Leader, who will support you via coaching, mentoring, regular workshops and team meetings.
This role might be for you if…
• You have an engaging personality; you’re a strong communicator – you love listening to others, coming up with solutions to problems, challenging opinions and giving feedback.
• You’ve got a Training or Teaching qualification, or you’re prepared to work towards one – if you don’t hold a qualification, you will be supported to achieve a BTEC Award in Education & Training.
• You have experience of preparing and delivering a range of training courses, and you’re confident in presenting to mixed ability groups.
• You will be comfortable working on your own and can travel to a range of training venues.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on the 29th March 2023 with interviews to follow soon after.
Need help completing your application or supporting statement? Please read our useful “Candidate Application Guidance” document in the “Additional Information” link.
What you’ll get in return
As well as a rewarding career with a global charity, you’ll get access to a wide range of benefits, these include:
• 36 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) – pro rata for part time staff
• Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
• Up to 6% contributory pension
• Flexible working policy
• Discounts from a range of online and high street retailers
• Genuine investment in your development
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
How to apply