British Red Cross
First Aid Trainer
Location: Based at Knutsford, delivering courses within a geographical area based on business demand which could include Cheshire, Stoke and South Manchester
Hours: 35 per week excluding travel (5 days from 6 working pattern ; Monday to Saturday 9-5 with occasional evening working)
Salary: £23,366 to £25,203 (depending on qualifications) per annum based on 35 hours per week
Driving: Full UK driving licence required and access to a vehicle (Business mileage reimbursed)
Could you play a vital role in presenting first aid training and specialist courses, teaching life-saving skills?
Would you like to become one of our amazing customer-focused British Red Cross First Aid Trainers?
This is a fantastic opportunity and will be a rewarding role for the right person! You’ll be helping us to achieve our mission of helping people in crisis.
What will a day in the life of a First Aid Trainer involve? You’ll be:
- Delivering first aid training and specialist courses, teaching life-saving skills.
- Teaching the right action to take in different situations, for example when people may be unresponsive or have suffered burns.
- Supporting people with their confidence to provide potentially lifesaving support in an emergency.
- Travelling to training venues.
Please note: It would be preferable for you to live within 50 mile radius of training venues which are predominately within Cheshire and Stoke.
What will you need to be a successful First Aid Trainer?
- Do you have an engaging personality; are a strong communicator and confident speaking in front of groups of people?
- Do you love listening to others, coming up with solutions to problems, contesting opinions and giving feedback?
- Do you have a Training or Teaching qualification, or are prepared to work towards one?
- Do you have experience of preparing and delivering a range of training courses, and are assertive in presenting to mixed ability groups?
- Are you at ease working on your own and travelling to a range of training venues?
- Are you IT literate?
Closing date for your application is Sunday 18th February 2024.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the advert early, given high volume of applications.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you’ll get:
- Holidays: 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) + option to buy 5 extra days.
- Pension scheme: Up to 6% contributory pension.
- Flexible working: We do our best to accommodate your preferred work style.
- Learning & Development: Wide range of career opportunities + comprehensive learning.
- Discounts: Access to Blue Light Discount Card and employee benefits platform.
- Wellbeing Assistance: Access to mental health and wellbeing assistance.
- Team Working: Champion our mission in a collaborative team.
- Cycle2Work: Lease a bicycle through the scheme**.**
- Season ticket loan: Interest-free loan for commuting expenses.
We are proud to participate in the disability confident scheme for roles based in the UK. During the application process, you will be asked if you wish to apply under the scheme.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain dedicated to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the assistance of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
How to apply