Global Rights Compliance
GRC is an international human rights law and development firm based in the Hague, committed to promoting international law, particularly international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as Finance Officer for the Ukraine programs.
DUTY STATION: The job will be based in Kiyv, Ukraine
CONTRACT DURATION: 6-month contract with a possible extension.
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be a member of the finance team providing administrative and financial processing to ensure the completion of award accounting in accordance with the funder directive. The Finance Officer will assist the Ukraine Finance Manager in the day-to-day accounting needs of the Ukraine office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of payment requests and supporting documentation on a daily basis for the Ukraine projects.
- Preparation of GRC-wide payment requests for month-end consultant’s invoices, checking timesheets and monthly invoices.
- Ensures each payment has all supporting documentation compliant with internal financial procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure all payments meet the requirements of National Law and engage with authorities or other stakeholders to ensure GRC’s tax requirements are met accordingly.
- Supports the Project Administrator as necessary.
- Participates in procurement price gathering and comparison as needed.
- Is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the funder’s and GRC’s financial policies and procedures and serves as a resource for program teams.
- Troubleshoots accounting problems: identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Assists the Finance Manager in preparing periodic financial reports regarding grant status and spending to funders, as required by contracts.
- Monitors tracks, reconciles, and assists in billing for all the organization’s grants and contracts with government agencies, foundations, and other funding sources.
- Checks and helps with the preparation of travel and expense reports for field missions.
- Reconciles and verifies grant-related invoices with organization records and contractual agreements.
- Maintains and tracks insurance claims.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience with an emphasis on reconciliation and financial reporting required in a non-profit or international development environment.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian accounting processes and principles.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with enterprise-level non-profit accounting software preferably QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in full-cycle accounting processes.
- General knowledge of not-for-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Standards.
- Ability to gather financial data and accurately create spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Proficiency in financial management, accounting spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Well-organized and able to handle multi-task in a busy office environment.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and success with detailed work regardless of quantity or variety of data.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain stable and helpful performance under difficult circumstances, operating comfortably in an uncertain environment.
- Willingness to take advantage of opportunities to avoid or solve problems.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the 31st of July indicating the position you are applying for in the email subject.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.