Peace Winds Japan
Reporting To: – Area Manager
Duty Station: – Kakuma
PEACE WINDS JAPAN
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is a Japanese Non-Governmental Organization established in 1996. PWJ has been providing humanitarian and development assistance for people affected by forced displacement and natural disasters in more than 20 countries in the world. PWJ launched its mission in Kenya in 2012 and has been implementing projects funded by UN agencies and the government of Japan in shelter, WASH and youth development to improve living environments of refuge and host populations while promoting peaceful coexistence and self- reliance in the communities in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei. PWJ is UNHCR partner responsible for WASH, Shelter, Warehouse, Motor vehicle Service Unit and centralized fleet management for Dadaab Refugee Operations.
The Finance Officer under the general supervision of the Area Manager and within the limits of Peace Winds Japan Kenya policies and procedures coordinates the facilitation of field activities and functions within PWJ. The Finance Officer will work closely with the management teamand other staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for preparation of donor financial reports and ensure complete, accurate reports and documentation are submitted to the Country Finance Department;
- Support Country Finance Department for complying with policies and procedures related to financial management;
- Ensure effective financial planning, budgeting, and expenditure tracking for different donor activities;
- Review vouchers and documentation supporting field transactions. Identify risks and non-compliance with PWJ and donor regulations and control procedures. Work with program team to develop risk mitigation plan as required.
- Support Country Finance Department for disbursement of funds and upload invoices of sub-contractors or suppliers into the NetSuite ERP System;
- Ensure that field transactions are booked to the designated activity codes;
- Support Country Finance Department for finalizing monthly financial report and submit to HQ on time;
- Manage and analyze cash positions of the field office;
- Provide training and support to program staff to improve their financial management skills;
- Offer guidance on financial aspects of procurement and sub-contracts;
- Support HR Officers for monthly payroll process together with incentive and casual worker’s payments;
- Provide support Country Finance Department for calculations of tax and social security, reporting and submission of withholdings, and facilitate payment to government;
- Prepare monthly cash/bank reconciliation; and
- Other duties as and when assigned by the Supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with minimum of five years of experience or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with minimum of three years of experience.
- Must be a CPA(K).
- High knowledge of financial management and accounting systems processes, preferably in a humanitarian or non-profit organization.
- A comprehensive understanding of current accounting and taxes and accepted best practices;
- Proficient in NetSuite ERP System.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and ability to adhere deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills in MS office programs.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of financial systems; prior auditing experience is considered a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and expected monthly salary as one document to [email protected]. Please indicate “Finance Officer Application – Kakuma” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 20th February 2024.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PWJ is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
Deadline: 20 Feb 2024