arche noVa (AN) is a German NGO founded in 1992, working in humanitarian aid, development, and emergency contexts in 16 countries all over the world.
AN expertise is in WASH sector, livelihood and DRR with a wide range of activities to support local communities: construction and rehabilitation of sustainable water structures, installation of filtering systems to improve water quality, hygiene promotion, latrine construction/rehabilitation, promotion of alternative livelihoods and climate- smart agriculture, capacity building of target communities and Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction initiatives among others.
Since 2012, arche noVa has consolidated its presence in the Eastern African region through a Coordination Development Office which supports activities in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Somalia and Sudan.
arche noVa East Africa has a Finance Officer vacancy in Jijiga-Ethiopia who will be responsible for carrying out all bank and cash transactions and bookings visits at programme including, checking expenditure, budget years, check the support documents, filing Partnership Agreements and working with partner to revise project budgets.
For coordinating the Finance Project activities of arche noVa in Ethiopia, we looking for an experienced Finance Officer
- Checks, counts and receives payment made to the Office and provides official receipt thereon.
- For payments to be executed, prepares payment vouchers for approval of Country Lead.
- Effects payment of bills such as Utilities, etc. upon approval of the same by Country lead.
- Compiles and submits daily receipts and payments to country lead with necessary supporting documents.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by Country lead.
- Ensure the monthly closing and cash follow status report is produced on time in and hard copies to submitted to the regional office;
- Maintain proper filing systems of financial documents.
- Check expenditures against budgets, preparation of monthly expenditure statement and properly filing of financial documents;
- Ensure that accounting records are kept updated, are reliable and are maintained according to arche noVa practices;
- Manage cash balances to ensure that sufficient balances are maintained for operations, while preventing too high balances to avoid incurring high exchange rate charges.
- Update monthly staff payroll for deduction for advances, and keep track of clearing all outstanding;
- Produce seriallynumberedcash receipt and cash payment vouchers, and code expenditures appropriately;
- Support payment to service providers, suppliers and contractors and clearance of advance against a “Goods Received Note” signed by country lead.
- Ensure that all documents relating to financial transactions and donor contracts are properly filed in order to facilitate their retrieval and to safeguard arche noVa financial interest.
- Facilitate smooth internal and external audits of donor contracts.
- Develop and implement monitoring of the programmatic progress at field level that are appropriate in line with the Pas
2.Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
- Works closely with partner finance coordinator.
- Check eligibility of Partner invoices.
- Verify presentation of accounting vouchers.
- Check the presence of all the required supporting documents (training reports, beneficiary training lists, beneficiary distribution lists, etc).
- Closely cooperates with the partner
3.Procurement and assets tracking
- Support adherence to arche noVa procurement regulation.
- Participate tendering process and bidding analysis to facilitate procurement of goods, contracts and services.
- Support the production of timely and accurate encoding of all financial movements and the preparation of monthly budget monitoring reports
- Coordinate and monitor monthly financial reports from the partner, compile and share with Country lead;
Monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
Regular budget reviews (monthly, quarterly and annually).
Daily actions point as agreed with line manager.
Donor reports as per schedule and deadlines
Organize and support the annual audit.
Qualification and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounts or equivalent qualification in a recognized institution.
At least 4 years’ working experience, with at least 3 years’ professional experience in a similar position.
A member of EPAA (Ethiopia professional Association of Accountants and Auditors)
Experience in working in local environment/Somali region NGOs.
Strong experience in German donor requirements, expectations and reporting skills
Conflict resolution and problem-solving capacities
Ability to work under high level of pressure
Knowledge of the Somali language will be a value added.
How to apply
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf-document to: [email protected]
Subject: Finance Officer-Jijiga in Ethiopia
Further information: www.arche-nova.org