Syrian Civil Administration Development Center
SYCAC is a non-profit, non-governmental civil society organization established in Turkey in 2012. It aims to increase civic spaces to play an active role in peace processes and early recovery of communities by empowering, protecting, and building community capacities, as well as enhancing the leadership role of women and marginalized groups, to achieve communities that embrace the principle of democracy and human rights.
SYCAC is seeking for a reliable Finance Officer, who will be responsible for donors financial reporting, budget development and management, financial accounting and record keeping, and ensuring a high level of compliance, as well as transparency in all works.
S/He will actively support all departments in their daily operations, in addition to commitment to executing any other related tasks in coordination with the direct manager,
in addition to performing any other tasks within his/her competence.
- Participate in preparation and review of donor financial reports.
- Providing reports on the cash position of all bank accounts, in addition to preparing responses and clarifications on the financial position and status of budgets.
- Ensure that all financial activities and cash flows are in line with legislative and donor requirements.
- Follow up and record bank accounts and donor payments.
- Preparing for financial audits and fulfilling audit requirements.
- Reconciling the organization accounts and sending accounting reports to management on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the treasurer to monitor daily cash and reconciliation.
- Ensure that periodic requirements are paid on time and review them when necessary.
- Work with management to develop budgets for new programs.
- Providing management with explanations for large discrepancies, when they exist.
- Work with management to plan regarding the size of financial expenditures.
- Work with the Finance and Grants team to prepare the annual general budget.
- Archive all work in clear, confidential files.
- Provide support, information, advice and guidance to other departments as to financial policies, procedures and any new updates in financial policies and procedures.
- The capacity to manage the organization transactions in the DERBIS system.
- Adherence to the policies and procedures followed by SYCAC in all operations.
- Commitment to the Code of Conduct, child protection, and prevention of sexual exploitation and harassment.
- Commitment to executing any other related tasks in coordination with the direct manager.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 4 years of work experience in the same field – 2 years in NGOs.
- High knowledge of financial management and accounting systems and processes.
- A comprehensive understanding of current accounting and taxes and accepted best practices.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive internal audits.
- Excellent skills in writing relevant reports.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage finance staff.
- Excellent Planning and organizing skills and ability to adhere deadlines.
- Information technology skills: Familiar with the following programs and Very good analytical and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and accounting programs.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
How to apply
- SYCAC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
- The selection process will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees that is free from sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse and other types of discriminatory and harassment.
- All new employees must read, understand and agree to the code of conduct.
- Selected candidates will undergo reference and background checks.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SYCAC retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
- Interested candidates may please fill the application at the following link: Apply now.
Deadline: 15 Feb 2024