General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Finance Manager (Donor and Grants) is a member of the finance department and works under the direction of Finance Director. S/he is responsible for supporting MC Syria Finance team in budgeting and budget monitoring systems, policies and processes and ensuring compliance with awards’ conditions and donor rules and regulations. S/he collaboratively works with program teams to develop systems and tools that ensure that resources are used efficiently, and a wide range of operational needs of the country program is met.
Donor Budgeting, Grant Management, Monitoring and Reporting
- In collaboration with grants management and technical teams, responsible for development of budget proposals and budget modifications, including the provision of internal budgeting guidelines, templates and tools.
- Setting up new awards in the system in line with donor approved budget/modification.
- In collaboration with programs, technical and supports units review and update expenditure forecasts/pipelines.
- Manage budget vs actual reporting process for all grants, including identifying, tracking issues and following up on agreed upon action points.
- Monthly review of transactions for compliance and eligibility under grants and following up with different stakeholders (including finance) on needed adjustments.
- Monitor grants’ performance for all donors. Work with budget holders to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance and reporting process.
- Prepare donor financial reports and submit it to Finance Director/HQ Operational Accountant for the review and sign off.
- Lead the grant close out process, including the coordination with different stakeholders (Finance, Ops, Programs, Grants, etc) on various deliverables in line with donor rules and regulations.
- Constantly enhance the understanding of compliance and financial reporting requirements for each donor and communicate those to program teams as needed.
- Maintain country master budget and in consultation with various stakeholders in country provide regularly update on the costs assumptions
- Review and update monthly cost allocation tools to ensure it is in line with donors as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Regularly provide the analysis of cost coverage for gaps and/or conduct the sustainability analysis and provide the recommendations to Finance Director and Senior Management Team in Country.
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports and analysis for the country program that forecast and reflect trends on budget performance and grants financial position.
- Support the development of templates and SOPs related to budget management.
- Propose improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost saving, cost allocation and annual planning.
- Assist Finance Director on special projects requiring financial analysis.
- Provide training to staff on budget management processes, systems and best practices.
- Assist the Finance Director in recording, valuation, and inputting of Donations in Kind for Monthly and Annual account.
- Coordinate with Finance Officer Operations and Finance Officer Donors on crossover issues and provide cover/support as required.
- Assist in preparation of documentation to facilitate in donor audits, and internal audits.
- Maintain & update payroll forecast tool.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e., on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL’s commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- As this job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are assigned by the regional Finance Director that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Turkish Citizenship.
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive financial management experience, supervisory experience will be considered an asset
- 2-3 years of budgeting, financial reporting and financial systems work experience, preferably in nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and budget planning including development of annual and grant budgets, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reporting preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Thorough knowledge of major donor rules and regulations and implications on budgeting and budget monitoring
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft excel and experience with financial systems integration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to find creative solutions
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and initiate and follow through, with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required, Turkish or Arabic desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 27 June 2022.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.