People in Need
Part-time or Full-time contract available
Home-based in the United Kingdom
Flexible working hours
People In Need (hereinafter PIN) is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the values of humanism, freedom, equality, dignity and solidarity. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to benefit from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. PIN was originally founded in Prague, in the Czech Republic, by one of the student activists of the Velvet Revolution, against the Russian occupation. PIN now works to support local grassroots civil society and provide humanitarian assistance in more than 20 countries around the world. PIN set up the UK charity PIN UK in 2018.
Reporting to the CEO of PIN UK, you will help PIN UK achieve its growth strategy with finance, compliance and administrative support in all working areas. The successful candidate will have relevant education or experience of working within a compliance, finance or operational function and be passionate about international development and humanitarian issues. This is an opportunity for professional growth within a dynamic, growing organisation. PIN UK is a small dynamic team and you will be offered capacity building support and opportunities for gaining experience in areas that interest you.
Key deliverables (essential duties and responsibilities):
- Use and manage the day-to-day operations of PIN UK’s financial, accounting and reporting system
- Responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data
- Support recruitment and human resources-related tasks
- Administrative office support
- Ensure an up-to-date archiving system of key finance and compliance documentation
- Produce budget spending reports
- With support from PIN UK’s CEO, act as the main focal point for auditors during PIN UK’s annual audit
- Make sure that PIN UK complies with requirements for a Charity registered in the UK, other relevant laws and donor’s requirements, working with PIN UK’s CEO to develop policies where necessary
- Perform regular compliance checks ensuring procedures are complied with and all tax payments made promptly and correctly and ensuring all forms properly completed.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant education or experience working in compliance, finance, operational and/or administrative roles (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the NGO sector
- Team player
- Ease with complex, technical regulations
- Diligent and with a keen eye for detail
- and perhaps most importantly – sound judgement – and the ability to solve problems and identify commercially viable solutions
- Experience of working in the non-profit/charity sector and UK Charity Commission requirements would be an advantage
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent would be an advantage
- Experience of payroll would be an advantage
- Right to work in the United Kingdom as per government guidelines
What can we offer?
- Salary in the range of 27,960 – 34,440 GBP per annum (pro-rata)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Home-based with flexible working hours
- Flexibility on contracted hours: part-time or full-time (50-100%)
- Investments in your professional development
How to apply
3rd July. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so and we reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
How to apply
Applications should include a CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirements and why you are interested in the role via this application form.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law