International Development Law Organization
Overview & Responsibilities
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development, and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
The Finance Associate will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager and be responsible for coordination of all day-to-day financial matters in support of program delivery in Afghanistan Country Office relating to assist financial management and reporting for implementing partners as well as daily routine tasks.
The Finance Associates will help in the day-to-day operations of the finance department to enhance financial records keeping and financial reporting of the Afghanistan Field Office and in achieving the overall IDLO Operational Objectives.
Key results expected
The Finance Associate will support the Afghanistan Finance Department to:
- Ensure adequate supporting documents for all payment requests.
- Review payments request to ensure that the supporting accounting documents are in line with correct GL and BL Code.
- Ensure daily posting of payment vouchers into the NAV system.
- Prepare Banking transfer documents and Telegraphic Transfer for training participants for all projects…
- Ensure payments (per diem/reimbursements) are released to respective training participants as per the project training list and bank information.
- Keep track of banking payment sheet and follow-up with the bank daily to ensure there are no errors.
- Ensure payment sheets are reconciled with the bank book on a daily basis.
- Assist with daily Finance routine task including monthly payroll, NAV posting & uploading of reclass data, accrual entries etc.
- Aid the Finance Manager, Program Team, and Field Program Managers in developing or reviewing program budgets and preparing forecasts).
- Prepare monthly financial reports and forecasts as directed by the Finance Manager. and assist the Finance Manager or in his/her reporting tasks relative to financial matters.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Logistics, HR, ICT, Security, FPMs, Program Team & HQ Finance in relation with financial matter if required.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned or required in Finance Department.
Finance – Implementing Partners (as may be required).
- Ensure that all financial transactions, records, and reporting of implementing partners are in line with IDLO Financial procedures.
- Operate and maintain the IDLO Afghanistan implementing partners sub accounts and obtain balances on all implementing partners accounts and prepare reconciliations on a periodical basis as defined by IDLO reporting schedule.
- Prepare disbursement vouchers for all payments submitted to finance relating to implementing partners in the Afghanistan Country Office.
- Ensure that the implementing partners sub accounts are updated, and expenses are recorded on a timely manner in line with IDLO Financial procedures.
- Reconcile outstanding implementing partners advance, program cash advances, and follow up on expenses.
- Prepare month end account report for implementing partners transactions and supporting documents and reconciliation of implementing partners report / transactions before submission to IDLO HQ.
- Ensure regular scanning of financial vouchers and maintain a sound filling system of all financial documentations as well as the archive in Finance shared folder
- Support with sending relevant monthly supporting documentation to HQ Finance.
- At least 3 years of experience in Finance, preferably within an international organization funded by US or European donors
- Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari is required
- Advanced Computer skills (Excel, Word, Database and Navision)
- Computerized accounting package skills preferred
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, internal controls and finance operations within international donors funded organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organization skills.
- Ability to take initiative to prioritize and manage tasks, ability to work as a team member of a cohesive organizational team.
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to listen to and respect other team members views, work collaboratively and supportively.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize and plan effectively and solve problems.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work irregular hours as may be required.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or similar field.
Terms & Conditions
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Local Affiliate contract for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
The application deadline is 12 December 2022 (23.59 Hrs. Kabul time)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/consultant/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the consultancy opportunity to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
How to apply
Please make sure you apply to the following link: