arche noVa (AN) is a German NGO founded in 1992, working in humanitarian aid, development, and emergency contexts in 16 countries all over the world.
AN expertise is in WASH sector, livelihood and DRR with a wide range of activities to support local communities: construction and rehabilitation of sustainable water structures, installation of filtering systems to improve water quality, hygiene promotion, latrine construction/rehabilitation, promotion of alternative livelihoods and climate-smart agriculture, capacity building of target communities and Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction initiatives among others.
Since 2012, arche noVa has consolidated its presence in the Eastern African region through a Coordination Development Office which supports activities in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Somaliland and Sudan.
arche noVa East Africa has a Finance Assistant vacancy in Nairobi-Kenya to Support East Africa Regional Finance Manager in checking monthly financial reports, Consolidate the mission’s accounts monthly and Bank Tasks.
Objective 1: Support East Africa Regional Finance Manager in checking monthly financial reports presented by the allocated local Partner Technical Support
- Check all projects’ cash and bank balance.
- Check eligibility of invoices.
- Verify presentation of accounting vouchers.
- Check the presence of all the required supporting documents (training reports, beneficiary training lists, beneficiary distribution lists, etc).
- Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager on current issues on a weekly basis (or more frequently, on an ad hoc basis, in the case of urgent matters arising unexpectedly).
- Liase with Program Officers on budget balances on a monthly basis.
- Support East Africa partners in proper financial reporting and filing of documents.
Objective 2: Consolidate the mission’s accounts monthly
- Organize and support the annual audit.
- Monthly reconcile funds sent to the field against expenses to determine balances and follow up on any deficits.
Objective 3: Bank Tasks
- Carry on the bank reconciliation on assigned projects at the end of each month.
Objective 5: Technical Support
- Keeping track of deadlines for the projects of reference and informing the relevant Project Managers, accordingly, with an overview of relevant actions to be undertaken.
Support to Regional Finance Manager & Program officer in drafting financial reports (whether monthly, quarterly, annually or with ad hoc deadlines) for submission to donors and/or the arche noVa Headquarter in Germany
- Bachelor of commerce Finance or Accounting option.
- CPA K
- 3 years’ experience in a busy finance and accounting department
- Prior experience in NGOs/INGOs
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional organization, time management and attention to details
- Good writing skills
- Able to work in an autonomous way and under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Strong computer skills
- Available to travel in remote areas in Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia if possible
- Commitment to and understanding arche noVa’s values
- Team player, flexible, patient
- Maintain confidentiality
How to apply
This is a ( 6) Six Months Contract
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Deadline for application: 16.02.2024 at 5 :00pm East African Time
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf-document to: [email protected]
Subject: Finance Assistant-Kenya
Further information: www.arche-nova.org
Deadline: 16 Feb 2024