Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disab ilities.
Job Title: Finance and Risk Officer, NTD
Salary: £29,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
Location: UK remote – with occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when required
Contract: Two Fixed Term Contract
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
Sightsavers is a leading organisation that works in more than 30 countries to deliver eye health, NTD elimination, and disability inclusion programmes. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
Financial Management for assigned programmes
- Review new programme agreements and contracts, extracting financial requirements and setting up new programmes using existing templates and systems, such as MyCLAIMS and Power BI
- Review and provide feedback on budgets and other financial submissions prepared by partners and Sightsavers country office staff
NTD Risk Management Framework
- Under the supervision of the Team Director, responsibility for NTD programme and NTD governance group risk management processes including, but not restricted to, risk logs, internal risk reporting and supporting donor reporting
- Working with partners, country teams, Safeguarding Manager and Head of Global Security to ensure risk mitigations in place across the NTD programme portfolio
- Work with Institutional Funding Lead, technical and in-country Sightsavers teams/partners to define proposal requirements and manage development of budgets, forecasts, and other required submissions to donors within the required timescales
- Ensure Sightsavers financial processes and systems are understood and properly taken account of in NTD proposal bids
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Finance and accountancy experience, preferably working towards an accountancy qualification
- Awareness of overseas development context, gained through working in the international development, the humanitarian sector and/or relevant sector
- Experience of institutional donor or large-scale contract management
- Experience of working with partners and colleagues with a wide range of financial capacity and providing them with guidance and support
- French or Portuguese language skills an advantage but not required
- Proficiency with Excel, knowledge of Power Query and Power BI desirable
- Strong attention to detail, with a willingness to follow issues through to resolution
- Well organised and conscientious, with an appreciation of the importance of compliance and donor requirements
This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
As an NTD Finance and Risk Officer, you will be responsible for the financial management of various assigned NTD programmes and proposals, with a geographical focus on Guinea Bissau, Ghana, and Liberia. You will also have day to day responsibility for the NTD Risk Management Framework process, working with the Team Director and other stakeholders to ensure risk mitigations are in place across the NTD programme portfolio.
Please apply using the link provided below.
The evaluation process is one stage including a task and remote interview lasting 1.5 hours.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
In line with its commitment to safe programming and recruitment, Sightsavers participates in the inter-agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS) administered by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. Through collaboration with other MDS members, Sightsavers aims to ensure that there are no sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment issues relating to potential new hires and that we can respond systematically to checks from fellow MDS members. This ensures our work is accountable, delivered to a high standard and supports safeguarding across the development and humanitarian fields.
How to apply