The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Expert Programme Coordination in our Bangui Country Office, you will be responsible for implementing project activities in compliance with established deadlines and organizational, contractual and financial guidelines including appropriate reporting. Under the supervision of the Head of Programmes, you will support programme development, project proposal preparation and contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the overall country strategy.
- Identify, assess and pre-select new project ideas on the basis of the country programme and in line with the multi-annual country strategy and the annual plan
- In coordination with the Head of Programmes, serve as focal point for proposal development and contribute to proposal writing
- Monitor project reporting schedules and ensure reporting occurs correctly and in due time to Head Office Bonn and donors
- Revise and draft narrative reports prior to submission to donors
- Ensure programme compliance with donor guidelines and Welthungerhilfe strategy
- Serve as the in-country focal point for ProMIS (Welthungerhilfe’s programme management information system) related issues
- Participate in the training of team members both at country and field office level
- In coordination with the Head of Programmes, ensure that Welthungerhilfe is represented at all important external technical meetings
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like International or Development Studies
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- BMZ, AA, GIZ, USAID/BHA, WFP, FAO, ECHO donor experience would be a an asset
- Strong (project) planning skills, ability to work under pressure and to deliver results in a challenging context
- Strong communication skills, hands-on mentality and pro-active working style
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 5, 2023 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.