The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation’s FORWARD Bangsamaro Project is in partnership with the BARMM BUSINESS COUNCIL, a non-stock corporation, nonprofit organization under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, purposely to help in rebuilding a strong and functional Council as the latter will serve as the voice of the entire business sectors throughout the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
We are seeking an Executive Director (Consultancy Post) of the BARMM Business Council for a three to six-month engagement. The consultant is expected to be in Cotabato City for the duration of the engagement.
Position: The Executive Director
Location: Cotabato City
The Executive Director is the overall head of the Professional Management Team of the BARMM Business Council, also referred here as the BBC or the Council. He is fully accountable to the Council’s Board of Trustees, in general, and to the Council Chairperson, in particular, in the performance of the day-to-day operations of the BBC. Specifically, the Executive Director orchestrates the proper interpretation and implementation of policies laid down by the Board of Trustees, through close coordination with the Chairman and exercises direct supervision of the operations such as, but not limited to, administrative and technical concerns. She/he oversees the communication and media relations as well as resource mobilization planning of the BBC.
- A graduate of any relevant baccalaureate degree. Post diploma can be an advantage but not required.
- At least three (3) years of work experience as senior staff/ officer in a Chamber of Commerce or business support organization/ industry association council
- Well-oriented in, and had been engaged on economic policy advocacy and lobbying work as well as in trade and investment promotion programs
- Ample experience in working directly, or indirectly, with government institutions
- Above average skills on the following:
- Documentation and report writing
- Preparation of position/policy papers
- Research and communication (oral and written)
- Proposal development
- Project Management
- IT and Digital Skills
- Has an established network with business actors, government agencies, and civil society
- Experience in working for or with a development and/or donor organization is an advantage
- Must have a good grasp and understanding of BARMM
How to apply
For more information on this consultancy-based opportunity, you may find the Terms of Reference here: https://tinyurl.com/TAFPH-ConsultancyOpportunities
For more information about The Asia Foundation, you may check out the following resources:
- Website: asiafoundation.org
- Facebook Page: The Asia Foundation
- Instagram: @theasiafoundation
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested applicants should send their The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFAppForm2022), EBD Form (https://tinyurl.com/EBDForm), and sample works (not required) to [email protected] on or 4 PM on 26 June 2022.
To keep updated with career opportunities at The Asia Foundation, check out our job bank (https://bit.ly/TAFPHJobBulletin) for regular updates.