Windle International Somalia
Windle International Somalia (WISOM) is an International Non-Governmental organization with oversight support and coordination by regional office in Nairobi. Windle was founded with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. Windle International Somalia implements Education, Trainings and Integrated programme including WASH, Climate Adaptation and Peace Building
In our commitment to enhance quality education and training in leu of “Education Transform society” we support refugees, asylum seekers and refugee returnee students throughout Somalia and Somaliland. Windle International Somalia with funding from UNHCR implements “Enhance durable solution through training programme” aimed at providing durable solutions to refugee youth through complementary pathway (Education and Labour mobility).
WISOM is seeking a suitable candidate(s) for the Enumerator position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Enumerator is responsible for various tasks and duties related to the data collection process. These include.
- Follow the guideline on sampling and procedure of collecting data from the intended refugee youth in the respective areas. This will ensure that the data is representative and valid.
- Ensure to effectively communicate with the respondent, use appropriate commutations skills and techniques to persuade the respondent. This will help to build rapport and trust with the respondent and encourage honest and complete answers.
- Ask consent from the respondent before start of the questionnaire administration. This will respect the respondent’s autonomy and right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Administer the questionnaires using the kobo platform. This will facilitate the data entry and analysis process and reduce errors and biases.
- Check the quality of the response to ensure consistency of the data collected and make necessary corrections or clarifications.
- Submit the data collected on time. This will enable timely feedback and reporting of the findings and recommendations.
- Report challenges or problems encountered during the data collection such as refusals, non-responses, missing data or technical issues, security issues or ethical concerns.
- A Bachelor of developmental studies/ Social work and community development or Diploma
- Experience working with community as volunteers or internship.
- Minimum One year experience working with Refugees or other POCs communities.
- Advanced knowledge computer skills especially on excel.
- Good knowledge on how to use kobo to collect data.
- Good interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity, patience, cross cultural sensitivity, and adaptability and fluent speak of Arabic, Somali, Amhara, English.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please click the link below fill in the information required. Deadline for applications is Tuesday, 20th Feb 2024. Please specify where your apply for Example: Application for Enumerator at Bossaso.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion, or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools, Universities institutions and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female and Windle Alumni candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.