Entrepreneurs du Monde
You wish to evolve within a structure with a social vocation, in a caring work environment
You want to join a structure where you are concretely involved in its future; EdM proposes a collegial decision-making body open to all teams.
You share our values: entrepreneurship, pragmatism, professionalism, social approach, audacity, confidence in success, sharing of best practices, transparency… Then join us.
Entrepreneurs du Monde supports the social and economic integration of people in very precarious situations in Africa, Asia, Haiti and France. It helps them to undertake, to access energy and to adapt to climate change in order to emancipate themselves. To achieve its mission, EdM creates and incubates local organizations until they become autonomous, relying on four key areas of development: social microfinance, access to energy, support for the creation of very small businesses/employment and agro-entrepreneurship.
For more information: www.entrepreneursdumonde.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
Since 2016, EdM operates an access to energy program in the Philippines: ATE co. It started in Manila’s deprived areas before moving to rural isolated areas. Since 2019, ATE co has been installing solar home systems and solar smart grids, thus providing energy for more than 1,000 households through pay-as-you-go and energy as a service business model.
ATE co has proven its model and is know seeking scale-up: registering into a local Filipino entity and expanding its activities to more regions and more beneficiaries. The Program Manager will take over from actual Program Manager who is leaving in end of July 2022.
Under the responsibility of ATE co steering committee and EdM head of Energy department, the Program Manager will be in charge of :
- Strategy developpement and activities supervision
- Establish a multi-year strategic plan and business plan for the program;
- Elaborate the annual budget related to these strategic and business plans;
- Deploy and adapt the business model and sales strategy to local realities
- Develop and implement the activities set out in the program’s annual action plan;
- Monitor and develop activities to ensure the achievement of quantitative and qualitative objectives.
- Operational, administrative, Financial and HR procedures and policies
- Ensure the respect and implementation of the Energy Program Procedures Manual;
- Coordinate and supervise the elaboration and implementation of Administrative, financial and HR procedures;
- Ensures implementation of the social charter and theory of change (including social performance management).
- Administrative, Financial and HR Management
- Supervises the financial and accountability management and follow up;
- Manage the program’s human resources: define the needs for new positions, ensure the recruitment and training of new entrants, propose a continuous training plan and ensure working conditions and levels of compensation and benefits in line with local standards.
- Identify, hire and train a local resource to take over the Program manager position.
- Fundraising – Representation – Reporting
- Participate to the prospection of new donors and new funding;
- Ensure the follow up of the financial reporting;
- Representing the program to local authorities.
- Is the country Security focal point
Education: 5 years of higher education in economics, management, political science, development aid and/or engineering in the energy sector.
Languages: your fluency in English allows you to express yourself fluently and to write documents for donors. Fluency in the local language(s) is appreciated.
Expected skills and qualities:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in project management in the development aid sector and/or management of social enterprises;
- You have significant experience or expertise in the field of energy access and more particularly last-mile energy products and services
- You have a good knowledge of institutional donors and in fundraising and financial reporting processes.
- You are able to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
- You have a strong management and organizational capacity in complete autonomy as your line manager is based at the headquarters in France;
- Status : fixed term contract (CDDU)
- Duration : 18 months
- Salaried post: according to experience, starting from1800€ gross per month and a monthly field allowance. EdM cover travel cost between expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
- Based : in Manila with frequent travel to Samar
- Desired start date : 15/07/2022
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and Cover letter in English to [email protected]
Please to mention in subject line « Program Manager ATECo ».
Closing date :30/06/22
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension