Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
To fulfill its mission of assistance to victims of conflicts, epidemics or natural disasters, MSF-Switzerland has created an Emergency Pool, of which members are experienced individuals capable of evaluating a situation, opening, closing and coordinating emergency projects. The post of Emergency Supply Coordinator reports directly to the Emergency Coordinator and to the Emergency Cell (Operations Department at headquarters in Geneva).
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Work in all contexts set by the Emergency cell (Ecell)
- Have the flexibility to work in different positions (Supply, Log)
- Work in emergency contexts with regular cells
All countries where the emergency desk opens activities, which require an urgent response.
On call, as Emergency Supply Coordinator you should be available within 48 hours for rapid and short interventions. You will be part of a core group of medicals, para-medicals and support staff responsible for responding to:
- Epidemic outbreaks
- Nutritional crises
- Displaced populations and/or refugees’ camps
- Conflict contexts
- Natural disasters
- Exploratory missions
- Short gaps filling in the field on regular missions
- Capacity building
- Assistance to the ECell at HQ in Geneva
Job Description (but not limited to)
Designing and guaranteeing the implementation of a responsive, agile and efficient supply chain that has the ability to meet the changing needs of medical operations.
- Development of Emergency response strategy for supply, including HR set-up, procurement strategy, storage strategy and simplified procedures.
- Analyzes and implementation of an adequate HR setups, at capital & projects levels
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and revising the supply strategy aligned with MSF’s operation and protocols.
- Accountable for the implementation of Supply Chain processes and tools within the mission.
- Monitoring efficient implementation of overall supply procedures and proposing adjustments when needed.
- Ensure the items quality all along the chain by maintaining GDP and GSP.
- Anticipating and mitigating risks in the supply chain.
- Performing regular assessments of the supply chain, including field visits, and making necessary adjustments.
- Develop a networking with the authorities in the countries of intervention.
- Representing MSF in meetings with authorities and NGOs.
- Validating the use of supply-related third parties and
- Acting as a focal point for intersection Supply projects and participating in the drafting/revision of MoU/SLA for the mission.
- In missions where other Cells or OCs are already present ensure a smooth communication and define clear processes to work together.
- Ensuring proper application of HR policies and associated processes.
- Report on Supply chain activities to the mission (Coordo and Project), the Cell and other partners (e.g. MSF Log)
- Managing communication within the mission and with external stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for the quality and accuracy of data linked to the supply chain and optimization of mission supply chain guidelines and SOPs.
How to apply
- Minimum 6 months experience in a Supply/Logistic position in an emergency context with MSF
- 12 months of field experience with MSF in a Supply role
- Good technical knowledge on MSF articles with the ability to understand and identify items based on the MSF standard description and codification.
- Ability to find on the local market alternative articles corresponding to the MSF standards.
- International transport knowledge or experience (incoterms, import, transit & export procedures).
- Local transport experience (truck checking, loading, break of loading…) and flows management.
- Knowledge of perishable stock management (drugs, food…).
- Comfortable with customs procedures.
- Mastering of the MSF supply chain, process/procedures (emergency & regular) with tools linked.
- Proven skills in negotiation, diplomatic, and decision-making skills.
- Proven capacity for coordination and organization.
- Ability to recruit, train/coach, manage national staff and field logisticians on supply processes.
- Capacity to work in a volatile, insecure context and deal with stress and workload.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team; flexibility.
- Fluency in both French and English is essential.
- Other languages represent an advantage: Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese
Terms of Employment
- Field-based contract, fixed-term for one year, renewable.
- Duration of the direct interventions in the field: from 6 weeks to 3 months (certain flexibility is asked in case of needs)
- Per-diem, accommodation, travel arrangements, visa requirement will be taken in charge by MSF
We encourage applications from people of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, backgrounds, religions, beliefs, abilities, and all other characteristics of diversity.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including Sexual harassment.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete their application in English or in French (5MB max) by following the link below:
- CV 2 pages. max.
- letter of motivation 1p. max.
The deadline for applications is 20.02.2024
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/
Deadline: 20 Feb 2024